Wowza Community

A problem about LiveStreamDvrRecorderBase[dvr/_definst_/11201.stream] : Timeout..

hello wowza support

The INFO “LiveStreamDvrRecorderBase [dvr/definst/11201.stream] : Timeout occurred. Destroying DVR recorder.” is always occurring in logs of wowza3.6.4 when I record some streams. The files of logs increase to 1G in 2 hours. And dvr becomes not very smooth and video has Masaics.

Are there any way to solve this problem?

Thank you

eric

Hello Eric,

Are you seeing any other related comments in the logs? Here are a couple examples:

comment	server	INFO	200	-	DvrStreamManagerBase [dvr/_definst_/11201.stream] : Timeout occurred.  Destroying DVR recorder.
comment	server	INFO	200	-	MediaStreamMap.removeDvrRecorder[dvr/_definst_/11201.stream]: Destroy DVR Recorder: dvrrecorder|delTest	
comment	server	INFO	200	-	DvrStreamManagerBase [dvr/_definst_/11201.stream] : Timeout occurred.  Destroying DVR packetizer.	
comment	server	INFO	200	-	DvrStreamManagerBase.removeStreamStore[dvr/_definst_/11201.stream] : stream:{DvrStreamStoreBase streamName:delTest.0 isLoaded:true canPlay:true canRecord:true hasEncryption:false isRecording:false isRecordingPaused:false props:{Properties: isDvrPacketizer: true}].	
comment	server	INFO	200	-	MediaStreamMap.removeLiveStreamPacketizer[dvr/_definst_/11201.stream]: Destroy live stream packetizer: dvrstreamingpacketizer	
app-stop	application	INFO	200	_definst_	dvr/_definst_

omment server INFO 200 - DvrStreamManagerBase [dvr/_definst_/11201.stream] : Timeout occurred. Destroying DVR recorder. - - - 2682.086 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
comment server INFO 200 - DvrStreamManagerBase [dvr/_definst_/11201.stream] : Timeout occurred. Destroying DVR packetizer. - - - 2682.088 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
comment server INFO 200 - DvrStreamManagerBase.removeStreamStore........

Is it possible the bitrate of the stream is to high for the network bandwidth?

You can adjust the time out value by adding the streamTimeout property. See the first property listed in the How to do advanced configuration for Wowza nDVR AddOn article.

Kind regards,

Salvadore

Eric, I think the most efficient way to troubleshoot this would be fr you to open a ticket with the support team.

To do so please zip up the following folders and send them to support@wowza.com

[install-dir]/conf

[install-dir]/logs

[install-dir]/transcoder

[install-dir]/manager/logs

Also please include a screenshot of your exact live encoder settings. And a copy of your .stream file(s).

Thanks you.

Salvadore

It sounds like your encoder input to Wowza is stopping or disconnecting, which would stop the DVR from recording.

Probably best if you send your entire log/ and conf/ folder zipped up along with a detailed description of the problem. That way we can verify and get a better picture of what is going on.

Also describe the incoming stream to Wowza-- what type of encoder, etc.

Send to support@wowza.com

Thank you,

Salvadore

Thank you for your reply, Salvadore

I have already configure the nDVR, streamTimeout property is 5 minutes.

Now , 30 streams has no info “Timeout occurred. Dstroying DVR recorder”. However, 11201.stream and 11101.stream are always report this problem.

And dvr of other streams becomes not very smooth.

thank you

Eric

hello, I did a experiment that stop pushing 11201.stream to wowza when 30 streams is being recorded.

Wowza3.6.2 told me “RTPMediaCaster.Reconnector[832064157:dvr/definst:11201.stream]: done: 2”.

After several seconds, recording finished and tmp file is deleted. MP4 file is very good. Then, I start pushing 11201.stream to wowza, reset stream and record this stream.

I did this experiment for many times. One time is very abnormal.

The INFO “LiveStreamDvrRecorderBase [dvr/definst/11201.stream] : Timeout occurred. Destroying DVR recorder” is writed to log screen for many times in one seconds.

And restart pushing this stream and reset it, which is unuseful. This stream can not be recorded again. So I have to restart wowza to record 11201.stream.

Are there any way to stop writing that INFO to logs and make 11201.stream become normal except for restarting wowza.

hello, Salvadore

I have already send my logs and conf to support@wowza.com. Email title is “conf and logs Eric”.

“DvrStreamManagerBase [dvr/definst/11201.stream] : Timeout occurred. Destroying DVR packetizer” is solved by configuring properties of streamTimeout.

However, “LiveStreamDvrRecorderBase [dvr/definst/11201.stream] : Timeout occurred. Destroying DVR recorder” is still written into wowza’s logs. My wowza version is 3.6.4. The type of encoder is m4fa and m4fv.

Thanks.

Eric