Wowza Community

MainConcept not initializing

Hello. I’m trying to get the Trans coder to work for my live stream. I’ve followed the Video Tutorial here >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcaK9K613Po

I’ve checked the logs. My dedicated server has no hardware acceleration so Nvidia CUDA & Intel Quick sync are NOT supported, so it should revert and use ‘default’ MainConcept, correct?

With TransCoder not enabled, the incoming stream status shows the bit rate of the incoming stream, etc. etc. It also can be viewed in Test Players. The live stream configuration is correct and working. As soon as I enable the Transcoder and restart the live application, the incoming stream seems to stop working. Even though it shows a live stream, it fails to report any of the status of the stream. Also the view live streams does not contain the transcoded stream names _720p _360p _source , just the original incoming live stream.

Is there something I’m missing? I’ve followed the video tutorial to a tee.

2014-11-11      12:19:11        CST     comment server  INFO    200     -       LiveStreamTranscoder.init[
live/_definst_/myStream]: Load transcoder template: file:///usr/local/WowzaStreamingEngine/transcoder/
templates/transrate.xml -       -       -       2085036.885     -       -       -       -       -       ---       -       -       -       -       -       -       -       -       -       -       -       -       ---       -       -
2014-11-11      12:19:12        CST     comment server  INFO    200     -       JNI:TranscoderSession.isCU
DAAvailable[_defaultVHost_:ospnlive/_definst_/myStream]: NVidia hardware acceleration is NOT available  ---       2085036.926     -       -       -       -       -       -       -       -       -       -       ---       -       -       -       -       -       -       -       -       -       -       -       -
2014-11-11      12:19:12        CST     comment server  INFO    200     -       JNI:TranscoderSession.isQu
ickSyncAvailable[_defaultVHost_:ospnlive/_definst_/myStream]: Intel Quick Sync hardware acceleration is NO
T available.    -       -       -       2085036.926     -       -       -       -       -       -       ---       -       -       -       -       -       -       -       -       -       -       -       -       --

I also see several other threads in this forum category that have the same issue, with very little feed back on how to correct this?

Here is my System info.

/usr/local/WowzaStreamingEngine-4.1.0/logs]# cat /proc/version
Linux version 2.6.32-431.29.2.el6.x86_64 (mockbuild@c6b9.bsys.dev.centos.org) (gcc version 4.4.7 20120313 (Red Hat 4.4.7-4) (GCC) ) #1 SMP Tue Sep 9 21:36:05 UTC 2014

Hi

We would need more information to find out where the problem is. Could you attach the Application.xml from /conf/ospnlive and the transrate.xml from /transcoder/templates. Also, check the access and error logs for other messages that may point you in a direction. Is the transcoder actually started? Remember: If you have a perpetual license, you must buy a separate transcoder license.

Hello there and welcome to the Wowza support forum.

Please take a look at the guide to make sure you have everything configured correctly. Also make sure you have the proper hardware and driver requirements met:

How to set up and run Wowza Transcoder AddOn for live streaming

Hardware and driver requirements

Kind regards,

Salvadore

Thanks for the update and glad you got this working. It is always a good first step for troubleshooting to restart the server.

Let us know how we can help in the future.

Regards,

Salvadore

Thank you both for your replies. I’ve simply restarted the entire Streaming Engine Instance and it seems to have fixed the problem. I’m going to assume it was for a billing related issue since I’m using Monthly Subscription.

I’ll be posting more I’m sure.

n0risc

Hello there and welcome to the Wowza support forum.

Please take a look at the guide to make sure you have everything configured correctly. Also make sure you have the proper hardware and driver requirements met:

How to set up and run Wowza Transcoder AddOn for live streaming

Hardware and driver requirements

Kind regards,

Salvadore

Hi

We would need more information to find out where the problem is. Could you attach the Application.xml from /conf/ospnlive and the transrate.xml from /transcoder/templates. Also, check the access and error logs for other messages that may point you in a direction. Is the transcoder actually started? Remember: If you have a perpetual license, you must buy a separate transcoder license.