Wowza Community

Live event streaming in multiple languages

Hi,

I am looking for a solution to the following use-case: we have a live event which we currently stream using a set of FMLE encoder machines, each receiving the same video signal and different audio track. We push these streams separately into our Wowza Streaming Engine.

We are looking for a more optimal solution to achieve the same, optimal in terms of required hardware and outgoing bandwidth. I thing there should be a solution in which we publish a single video stream without audio from FMLE and then also several audio-only streams and the media server creates all the different language streams.

I have found this quite old thread Input with multiple audio streams here, but I expect that now it might have improved since that time.

Can you please tell me if this is possible to do in the latest Wowza Streaming Engine (preferably without Transcoder AddOn) ? We are of course flexible regarding the encoder software, we can switch to VLC or whatever if needed.

Thanks!

Hi,

This is possible but would take a little custom work. A starting point would be this module

https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-add-an-audio-track-to-a-video-only-stream-moduleaddaudiotrack

This adds an audio track from a file to a video only stream.

Andrew.

Hi Andrew,

this is a live stream, adding a track from file is not an option…

You just need an encoder that can send MPGE-TS stream with multi audio track