Wowza Community

ModuleBase methods invoke error

Hello,

On one of the servers running WowzaStreamingEngine 4.0.6 with two vHosts, I’m constantly seeing the following error in the log:

invoke(onRTPSessionDestroy): java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException|at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor720.invoke(Unknown Source)|at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)|at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)|at com.wowza.wms.module.ModuleFunction.invoke(ModuleFunction.java:307)|at com.wowza.wms.module.ModuleFunctions.a(ModuleFunctions.java:572)|

The error is happening only on the vhost1, vhost2 is fine.

On this server mainly we run udp streams on ports and then stream it to end clients in hls. The error also appears on (onAppStart, onAppStop, onConnectAccept, onDisconnect) but most records are on onRTPSessionDestroy.

Am I missing something, same setup on 4.1.0 on other server is working without this error, is there a known issue in this version.

Let me know if you require additional info.

Regards,

Hello there,

It may be that you need to add the following to the VM Arguments on the Arguments tab.

In Eclipse, right click on the project in the left menu and choose “properties”

Next, click on the Run/Debug settings on the left, highlight the launch configuration and click Edit

Under the “arguments” tab, add the following line to the output in “VM Arguments”

On Windows:

-Dcom.wowza.wms.native.base="win"

On Mac:

-Dcom.wowza.wms.native.base="osx"

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Salvadore

Yes, the argument is just to instruct Wowza what OS you are building the module on. Once built it will work on any OS.

Another cause of this error could be the jar file is missing.

Are you copying the development environment over to the production server? If you are overwriting the production server with bin/ contents from the development server, you will need reformat the command line used to start Wowza to detect the OS.

It may be that I am not fully understanding what you are doing, so if this information is not helpful, please provide more detail it possible.

Kind regards,

Salvadore

Hi Salvadore,

Thanks for the quick replay.

The module that I build in Eclipse is on Windows.

Do you have info what is this argument for and will this affect the production environment because the server where wowza is installed is Ubuntu server.

If you have answer for this I appreciate it because it is in production and every reboot cause a headache.

Regards,

Tome

Hello,

Just to update the thread with the solution. It was a jar file missing.

Thank you Salvadore.

Regards,