Wowza Community

Problems with streaming.

Hello.

We have problems with streaming this camera:

If you look at this rtsp stream in VLC, everything is ok, but when streaming it through wowza, there are problems: if look at rtmp stream from wowza in firefox in jwplayer, we see only first frame, if the same in chrome - very rare changed frames. What is the problem?

P.S. To be precise, we had another bug earlier - “stream not healthy” in wowza log, reconnect every 20 seconds, but setting ttl of packets bigger in our router fixed it. VLC always showed everything ok - and then, and now.

Hello there and welcome to the Wowza support forum.

Have you worked through this guide and followed the troubleshooting steps?

How to re-stream video from an IP camera (RTSP/RTP re-streaming)

Kind regards,

Salvadore

I see what you mean, the stream seems frozen. Every now and then it seems to update.

I did see a couple Warn messages in the logs:

WARN server comment - RTCPHandler.isTimeSyncReady: Hit MaxRTCPWaitTime synchronizing on system clock.
WARN server comment - Waiting for RTCP packet. See docs for (Application.xml: RTP/AVSyncMethod and RTP/MaxRTCPWaitTime).

Changing RTP/AVSyncMethod to: systemclock in [install-dir]/conf/[application-name]/Application.xml fixed these 2.

And adding this property to MediaCaster/Properties container in [install-dir]/conf/[application-name]/Application.xml seemed to fix this error:

<Property>
    <Name>rtspFilterUnknownTracks</Name>
    <Value>true</Value>
    <Type>Boolean</Type>
</Property>
WARN server comment - Failed to find an appropriate depacketizer for this track (vnd.onvif.metadata)

You may want to try a lower bitrate and check the fps/keyframe interval. 30 fps with a 2 second keyframe interval may fix the “frozen” stream issue, but not sure.

Kind regards,

Salvadore

That’s great! Thanks for the update, and I am glad I could help.

Let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.

Kind regards,

Salvadore

Yes. Nothing helped. Mayby I missed something? Similar bug, described there, is about “nalUnitFilter”, but setting it as described there doesn’t help.

Can you try this rtsp on your wowza? Will this bug be reproduced? Camera is working now.

Thank you, setting AVSyncMethod to systemclock helped!

@ 2018…

Works great with an older IP cam.

Thanks for all,

Eduardo Folly