Wowza Community

Defaults for live stream recording

I am trying to set up the defaults for recording my live streams and there is one setting I cannot work out.

In the stream recorder defaults I have set up so that when I click record on a stream I don’t need to change segmentation and versioning options. But I also wanted to change the file versioning template name but cannot find the settings for it. This means that even though some of the settings I have on default, I still have to change some of it by hand every time.

Does anyone know of a way to change this setting?

Thanks,

Simon.

Hi Simon,

I’m not sure if this is exposed, though I could be misunderstanding your question. If you enable admin access to your login name and then navigate to your app, you’ll see a tab called Properties. Click that and then click StreamRecorderDefaults. They list all of the exposed properties that can be modified from their default settings.

Kind regards,

Paul

Hi,

You can only specify a class that then handles the version naming convention. That Class would be specified in the ‘streamRecorderFileVersionDelegate’ property.

This is covered in more detail here.

Daren

Hi Paul,

Yes I have done that and have already changed the streamRecorderSegmentationType and streamRecorderSegmentSchedule. But I cannot find a setting to change the file versioning template name. I am not sure if I am reading something completely wrong or if it is not possible. I did come across something a while ago that I think was saying I would need to create my own module but for now I am just trying to keep things simple.

Thanks for your reply,

Simon.