Wowza Community

Custom security module

I’m looking to migrate an existing system from helix to wowza. The existing system has a security module where the Helix rtmp server makes a HTTPS POST to our server to get an ACCEPT / DENY response on a video by video basis. URL parameters in the rtmp request contain the information on which video is to be accessed and these get passed in this POST. We have our own token table that we populate when the user goes to the playing page and this token is part of the rtmp URL too.

After reviewing the built-in wowza security models, I’m looking to develop my own module to have full external control on a user by video basis. This would have to cover flash plus live wowza applications (or more?).

What is the best way to deny a connection from a developed module?

What type of module(s) would I need to develop?

Hello there and welcome to the Wowza support forum.

Please take a look at the module collection for examples and possibly a starting place for this requirement.

Module Collection

Also, review the updated SecureToken module:

How to protect streaming using SecureToken in Wowza Streaming Engine

The find a consultant forum is a handy place to find Wowza endorsed contractors to help with many different Wowza implementations and custom module development. Should you choose to go that route.

Kind regards,

Salvadore