Wowza Community

RMTP Error 4023 with Wirecast

Hello

I’ve been running into a problem with clients authenticating to wowza 4.1.0 (build 12602). It has been hit or miss. For a example i have 4 streams setup on a client running wirecast. I’ve verified that each stream works on its own. But when i try to stream multiple streams simultaneously i will get the following error ( Cannot Authenticate with the RTMP/Flash Server. Please enter and / or verify your credentials. [-4023])

If I turn of authentication on wowza the problem goes away. But I really need to have authentication on.

Thanks for the help

We are experiencing the same problem as above. When we try 4 similar streams, the authentication error comes up intermittently, but rarely do all make it: sometimes 1, 2 or 3 are successfull.

Wirecast 5.0.3(21480) on MAC OSX 10.8.5 going to

Wowza 4.1.0 (12602) on Linux (Fedora 20) with Java 1.7.0-71, JavaVM 24.6.5-b04 64 bit.

We normally use a custom publisher.password files (in the conf folder of the application), but I also tried just using the main publish.password file and the results were the same.

We serve schools and really need the authentication to protect the feeds.

Thanks

Thanks for the tip, Salvadore. We have no client restrictions and do not reject duplicate stream names. Remember, this is an intermittent problem: sometimes certain streams get through, sometimes they don’t. Also all streams always work when authentication is turned off.

Your the man, Salvadore. 4.1.0.03 works like a charm. Problem resolved.

Thanks a lot.

Hello folks,

Can you please double check the security settings to see what you have set for “Client Restrictions”, as well as “Reject Duplicate Stream Names”

You will find more information about these options in this guide:

RTMP Publishing

I hope this is useful.

Kind regards,

Salvadore

I just discovered that the latest patch Wowza Streaming Engine 4.1.0.03 build 13082 should fix this issue:

Development Builds

Please make sure you follow the update instructions carefully:

How to apply a Wowza Streaming Engine update

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Salvadore

You are most welcome. I am glad we were able to get this working for you.

Kind regards,

Salvadore