Wowza Community

rtsp using raspberry pi

Hello, i am a happy owner of a new raspberry pi B+ and i have also tha official Raspberrypi camera. I connected the camera and following the following command i manage to see the stream from vlc in my computer.

cvlc v4l2:///dev/video0 --v4l2-width 1920 --v4l2-height 1080 --v4l2-chroma h264 --sout ‘#rtp{sdp=rtsp://:8554/}’

I now want to make this visible from wowza. I tried to dreate a new stream with the address of the rpi (192.168.1.121:8554) but i got nothing.

What should i do to see in wowza the live video that the raspberry camera produces?

Thank you in advance ,

ybohan

Hi,

Take a look at some of the VLC command examples here.

These commands transcode to H.264 and send the stream in as MPEG-TS. There are other examples there that use other protocols.

The examples use a file as input, so you would keep you input side as you have it, and then try different outputs.

See if any of these help getting the stream in.

Daren

Hi,

Just was suggesting alternative commands to help make it work.

I think this forum thread is closer to what you are trying to do:

You will need to set the Wowza live application to use RTPTransportMode set to udp, as interleaved is the default and VLC cannot provide an interleaved stream.

The stream file in the Wowza Streaming Engine manager should contain the following:

rtsp://192.168.1.121:8554

Daren

Hi,

It looks like someone here at least succeeded using the Pi and Cam plus Raspivid and FFMPEG

That does use RTMP though. RTSP should also be possible, and I’m sure vlc as well, but I would advise trying to get it to work in a way that has already succeeded.

There’s also a general FFMPEG How-To here.

Daren

Hello, there!

My problem is not how to make it mjpeg. I simply want to keep the rstp format and make it visible from wowza

after vlc -vvv it asks for the input of the camera. What should i put for the standard raspberry pi camera?

rtsp://raspi_url/camera and /dev/video0

do not seem to be able to connect.

I managed to use

sudo modprobe bcm2835-v4l2

cvlc v4l2:///dev/video0 --v4l2-width 640 0–v4l2-height 480 --v4l2-chroma h264 --sout ‘#rtp{sdp=rtsp://:8554/}’

Following those instructions i managed to see the stream from vlc in my pc which is also the wowza but not from wowza (also tried in rtsp the rpi IP and the wowza server ip)