Wowza Community

How long does it take?

I’m trying to purchase the software,but my questions haven’t been answered.How do you expect people to buy your software and they are not getting any help.

I need to know the following:

How do allow 10,000-600,000 people.To use their webcam or mobile phone to do live streaming to our website?

How many webcams can each person use at the same time?

Do the software have multiply admin pages.Where they can sign up and mange their own streams?

And if so;is it available in white label?

When they embed the links to the page.Will the video show up or does the person.Has to hit the link to see the show?

This is the box i will be using.

Dual Quad Core Opteron CPUs (8 Cores total)

64GB DDR3 RAM

2TB 7200RPM SATA Storage.

1000Mbps Port with Unlimited Bandwidth

Hello there and welcome to the Wowza support forum. Sorry for the delay on getting back to you on this.

I will do my best to answer the questions I can, but I would also suggest you contact the sales department for further information. sales@wowza.com

First, Wowza does not have a hard limit to the number of connections it can handle, a single instance of Java is capable of saturating up to 5Gbps of bandwidth. So this would be a limitation as to how many concurrent connections you can have which will vary based on the bitrate of the streams being viewed.

Second, there is no limit (that I know of) for streams coming into a single application. So users can have multiple camera feeds coming into the same application.

For playback, you can use JW Player as a cross-platform solution, supporting many standard clients:

http://www.jwplayer.com/

I am not sure, but do not think Wowza supports multiple admin pages as you describe. But it can be implemented. This would be a good question for a sales rep. As well as the white label question.

Please do take a look at the showcase forum as there are multiple 3rd party admin panel options. Not sure if they will suite your needs.

Lastly, if you have not done so already, please take a moment to download a 30 day trial of Wowza to get acquainted with the software:

Try Wowza Software Free

And again, please consider contacting the sales team at sales@wowza.com for more accurate information to your questions.

Kind regards,

Salvadore

thanks