Wowza Community

My Public IP need to accessible from different network

I have successfully installed the Wowza Streaming Server in my Personal Computer that computer has a public IP address. I am expert in WAMP. The IP address is accessible from different network if I configure my real IP as a WAMP server IP. But, when I am trying to access my WOWZA streaming server feed in JWPlayer publish now video. It’s couldn’t connect the server.

What I did actually? Let me explain-

a. Wowza installed in Windows7

b. Windows 7 has a real IP.

c. I changed hosts file like following

www.banglamovietstv.com

d. I installed Xeus Playout

e. Getting Xeus video feed in Adobe Flash Media Encoder and connecting it with WOWZA live

f. JWplayer feed is working when I am in local PC but, it is not accessible from different network.

JWplayer is working like following-

rtmp://103.244.12.82:1935/live/myStream

How to configure Wowza Streaming Server to use streaming server from different network? Please Help

Regards

Hi,

Have you associated your public IP address with www.banglamovietstv.com? A DNS lookup of the domain doesn’t return an IP address.

dig www.banglamovietstv.com
; <<>> DiG 9.8.3-P1 <<>> www.banglamovietstv.com
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: SERVFAIL, id: 10717
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;www.banglamovietstv.com.	IN	A
;; Query time: 3033 msec
;; SERVER: 8.8.8.8#53(8.8.8.8)
;; WHEN: Sat Nov 29 15:56:22 2014
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 41
 nslookup  www.banglamovietstv.com
;; Got SERVFAIL reply from 8.8.8.8, trying next server
Server:		8.8.8.8
Address:	8.8.8.8#53
** server can't find www.banglamovietstv.com: NXDOMAIN

Paul

Hi,

You need to know the public address of either your Wowza server (if it has one), or set up the router that your Wowza server is connected to to allow any traffic to and from port 1935, and direct it to your Wowza LAN IP address on port 1935. This is assuming you want your server visible to the Internet and not from just a specific network. In that situation you would need to look at whitelisting incoming IP addresses, which again can be performed on the router usually.

A simple test is to run telnet to your Wowza server from the external network. If 103.244.12.82 is your public address, then a telnet to port 1935 currently shows that the port is not open,

telnet 103.244.12.82 1935
Trying 103.244.12.82..
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection timed out

So please check if you have any firewall or router restrictions enabled.

Paul

Actually, I need to access my WOWZA server from different network. Currently it’s accessible from LAN. I would like to access from out of LAN. How can I do that?

I am trying to connect flash media encoder from a different location (different network) with WOWZA streaming server. Server is running but, it’s not responding. What I have missed?

I am using Developer License.