Wowza Community

Problem with no internet connection

Hello! I am Panos, I am software developer and it’s my first time writing in this forum.

My company faces a major problem:

We are enstablishing a local network inside a train wagon, without internet connection. We are going to use Woza Streaming Engine for entertainment services to our customers.

Every time we start the Woza Streaming Engine, it needs internet connection in order to validate the license. If not, it does not start, it does not work, we cannot watch movies, and presents the following error in error log file:

“The Wowza Media Systems software license system was not able to connect to the licensing server to validate your license. Please validate that your machine is able to send HTTP data over TCP port 80 to the Internet”.

This is a major problem for us, because our network has no access to the internet. In addition, there is no way to use a proxy server to communicate with license server. Our network is local and fully isolated from the internet.

We use a Wowza Streaming Engine Perpetual License (1 Year Maintenance & Support).

We have installed: “WowzaStreamingEngine-4.1.0.deb.bin” in a Virtual Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS Server inside ESXI.

We would like to validate the license only once, and not every time the wowza server starts.

Please, could you suggest us a solution in order to use Wowza Streaming Engine without internet connection?

Thank you in advance.

Hello there and welcome to the Wowza support forum.

A similar question came up yesterday and was answered by a Wowza support teammate. I will quote him here:

Hi,

Wowza itself can communicate and stream on a private LAN. The issue you will have is if you have a Wowza instance that requires license verification then it will need to contact the Wowza license servers to verify your instance. I’d suggest contacting our Sales people at sales@wowza.com with your requirements as I’m sure they will be able to assist you.

Paul

Best,

Salvadore

Panos,

Thank you for contributing to our support community. Wowza does offer an offline solution to support a use case without Internet connectivity. We would be happy to provide more detail. Will try reaching out to you, directly. In case we’re unable to connect, please contact sales@wowza.com.

We look forward to speaking with you.

Regards,

-Tim Dougherty

Senior Solutions Engineer

Panos,

As a follow up, I see that you have already contacted our sales team (ticket #111361). Thank you.

-Tim