Thread: Null Pointer Exception when trying to play nDVR from smil

Default Null Pointer Exception when trying to play nDVR from smil

Hi Guys,

I am having a wierd problem with nDVR recordings. When I play the nDVR using the smil file like this:

http://XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:80/SVcatchup/...ylist.m3u8?DVR

Wowza gives an Null Pointer error like below:

2014-12-10 16:03:42 CET comment server ERROR 500 - HTTPStreamerAdapterCupertinoStreamer.onPlaylist: java.lang.NullPointerException|at com.wowza.wms.dvr.impl.DvrStartDurationPlaylistRequestDelegate.a(DvrStartDurationPlaylistRequestDele gate.java:192)|at com.wowza.wms.dvr.impl.DvrStartDurationPlaylistRequestDelegate.a(DvrStartDurationPlaylistRequestDele gate.java:180)|at com.wowza.wms.dvr.impl.DvrStartDurationPlaylistRequestDelegate.a(DvrStartDurationPlaylistRequestDele gate.java:151)|at com.wowza.wms.dvr.impl.DvrStartDurationPlaylistRequestDelegate.getDvrPlaylistRequest(DvrStartDuratio nPlaylistRequestDelegate.java:95)|at com.wowza.wms.dvr.DvrPlayerAdapterBase.getDvrPlaylistRequest(DvrPlayerAdapterBase.java:425)|

The smil file contains the following:

<smil>
    <head>
    </head>
    <body>
    <switch>
    <video src="mp4:9-226750_720p" system-bitrate="1596000" width="640" height="360">
    </video>
    <video src="mp4:9-226750_360p" system-bitrate="896000" width="640" height="360">
    </video>
    <video src="mp4:9-226750_240p" system-bitrate="396000" width="640" height="360">
    </video>
    </switch>
    </body>
    </smil>

But if I try to play each of the stream in the smil file manually, it plays alright. Like for example if I do http://XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:80/SVcatchup/...ylist.m3u8?DVR it plays without a problem.

Can someone explain where this error might be coming from?

Regards,

Hello there,

For the quickest, most efficient troubleshooting assistance, please open a ticket with the support team. To do so please zip the following folders and sent them, along with the .smil file and a link to this thread for reference to support@wowza.com:
    [install-dir]/conf
    [install-dir]/logs
    [install-dir]/transcoder
    [install-dir]/manager/logs

Thank you.

Salvadore