Wowza Community

Setting up Wowza first time

Hi,

I am pretty new to all this media terminology so I think I am not correctly understanding something in Wowza.

1. I’ve installed TRIAL WOWZA on my Linux CentOS system.

2. I can log into WOWZA from /enginemanager.

3. I select “SERVER”.

4. Then Stream Files and create a stream file profile with live application.

5. Stream File name 816b.stream which is for an rtsp IP Camera.

6. Then Connect to Stream.

7. Then go to .“APPLICATIONS”-> “Incoming Streams”.

8. My Stream shows “ACTIVE”.

9. Then to incoming security and do no authentication for rtmp.

10. I try connecting to the stream with rtmp://server-ip/live/816b.stream with VLC Player and get the camera image.

11. I try connecting with rtmp://server-ip/live/816b but VLC complains. Can’t connect.

12. I go to “TEST PLAYERS”.

13. Select Adobe RTMP - same, will not connect to 816b, but 816b.stream is ok.

Like I said, I am pretty new to this and so far my limited experience has been URL formats of rtmp://{server-ip}:{port}/live/{stream_id} – not {stream_id.stream}

Is there a way to do this in Wowza with what I am trying to use (rtsp ip camera) as a source?

And also, if I enable “Incoming Security”, can I pass the username:password thru the URL string?

I’ve searched the documentation, but I’ve not found any examples of how. It suggests it can, but does not provide any formatted structure.

Thanks,

Wes

Hi,

You will not be able to connect to a stream called “816b” coming from your Wowza server, because the name of your stream is actually called “816b.stream”.

In order to create an alias that would point to “816b.stream” you will need to use the “StreamNameAlias AddOn”. The configuration and usage instructions are available in the addon package.

You should the “Incoming Security” options to enable token based access to your stream, as described in the “How to protect streaming using SecureToken in Wowza Streaming Engine” forum article.

In order to use username/password authentication method that would use query string parameters passed with the playback URL to Wowza and have is allow or disallow access to a stream, you can use the instructions described in the “How to do file-based authentication with RTMP client and credentials in querystring of the RTMP URL (ModuleOnConnectAuthenticate2)” forum article. Please note that the “ModuleOnConnectAuthenticate2” module is included in the Wowza Modules Collection. You will need to make sure that you install the Modules Collection on your Wowza server, as it is described in the article I mentioned above.

Zoran

Great.

Please do let us know if you have any questions. We’ll be happy to assist.

Zoran

I had authentication problem. Then i see here post link then it solve always…

Thanks Zoran,

I am off to read, indulge and educate.

Wes