Wowza Community

No audio output for H264/AAC input

I have a dedicated hardware transcoder that transcodes an mpeg2 DVB-ASI input to udp multicast CBR H264 / AAC.

I’m then taking the multicast input into the Wowza server.

I am not using the Wowza transcoder.

There is no audio output. Video is working fine as long as it’s CBR, VBR makes the output stream flicker.

In my transcoder I have the following options for audio output: mpeg2 / mpeg2-AAC / mpeg4-AAC / AC3

I tried all of them but there’s no audio output from Wowza.

If I turn on the Wowza transcoder to transcode audio only with video passthrough, it will work if the audio input is mpeg2 only.

These are the errors showing in the logs:

WARN server comment 2014-12-17 17:12:10 - - - - - 795.007 - - - - - - - - LiveStreamPacketizerSanJose.handlePacket[live/definst/dubaione.stream][mp4a.40.33]: MP3 Audio: Audio is not MPEG1 Layer 3. May not be playable by Flash player.

WARN server comment 2014-12-17 17:12:10 - - - - - 795.007 - - - - - - - - LiveStreamPacketizerSmoothStreaming.handlePacket[live/definst/dubaione.stream][mp4a.40.33]: MP3 Audio: Audio is not MPEG1 Layer 3. May not be playable by Silverlight player.

WARN server comment 2014-12-17 17:12:10 - - - - - 795.007 - - - - - - - - LiveStreamPacketizerCupertino.handlePacket[live/definst/dubaione.stream][mp4a.40.33]: MP3 Audio: Audio is not MPEG1 Layer 3. May not be playable on iOS devices.

Help!

Hello there and welcome to the Wowza support forum.

Can you play the source in VLC and check what does it report in Tools > Codec info for the audio and video codecs?

You can test each audio setting from the hardware transcoder and compare them to the supported audio formats for the specific player you are testing on (The one that has no audio)

If anything seems odd, like it should be working, you can follow the instruction below to record the incoming stream so we can debug locally by sending it to us at support@wowza.com:

How to record an incoming MPEG-TS or RTP stream for debugging purposes

Kind regards,

Salvadore