Thread: This webpage is not available Wowza Streaming Engine Manager

Default This webpage is not available Wowza Streaming Engine Manager

Hello I installed Wowza Streaming Engine 4 (4.1.0 build12602). The server runs correctly, no problem but when I try to navigate to http://localhost:8088/enginemanager to configure the server, I receive this message:

Google Chrome's connection attempt to localhost was rejected. The website may be down, or your network may not be properly configured.

Another thing when I try to connect to "live" application example it asks for credentials, I don't why !!

Thank you

Hello there,

It could be that the Manager was not started when Wowza Streaming Engine was started.

Please take a look at this guide for starting and stopping Wowza Streaming Engine, as well as the Manager:
    How to start and stop Wowza Streaming Engine software

Also, be sure you have a Wowza 4.x license, and that you are not using a Wowza 3.x license from a previous installation. This does not sound like it is the case as you have mentioned the server is running correctly.

For the second problem. Are you trying to publish to a live stream? or trying to connect to a live stream when you are asked for these credentials?

If you are trying to publish from an encoder, you can check the /conf/publish.password file to see what the user name and password are.

Please let us know if you continue to have issues.

Kind regards,

Thank you for your help
    Every thing is ok now

That's great news! Thanks for the update and I am gad I could help.

Kind regards,