Wowza Community

Overlay text and image on a live stream

Hi,

I need a solution to overlay text and image on live streams which are captured by TBS6285 Quad Tuner PCI Card.

After overlay, I need to send them through a DVB-T channels in real-time manner.

Do you have any suggestion to use the Wowza streaming Engine to do this?

If yes, and if I use NVIDIA GPU Cards, what is the maximum live channels which I could overlay and transmit them in real-time?

Regards,

Keyvan

Hello,

To do this in Wowza you probably need the Transcoder add-on

How to add graphic overlays to live streams with Wowza Transcoder AddOn

https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-add-graphic-overlays-to-live-streams-with-wowza-transcoder

You can also simply do it directly in VLC for example:

#transcode{sfilter=logo{file=‘path/to/logo.png’, position=10,transparency=150}

Hello Kayvan, welcome to the Wowza support forum.

For #1, take a look at one of these guides:

How to use VLC as a live stream encoder with Wowza Media Server (MPEG-TS)

How to use FFmpeg with Media Wowza Server (MPEG-TS)

#2 You can refer to this guide:

Wowza Transcoder AddOn performance benchmark

Kind regards,

Salvadore

1- How can I get the live streams from TBS-6285 PCI Tuner Card and transfer it to the Wowza Streaming Engine as the input stream?

Maybe you can do it with dvblast (supports CI):

TBS-6285 --> dvblast --> vlc (overlay) --> Wowza —> …

Or with VLC directly:

http://www.videolan.org/doc/streaming-howto/en/ch09.html

Hi,

Thank you very much for your reply, but my main problems are:

1- How can I get the live streams from TBS-6285 PCI Tuner Card and transfer it to the Wowza Streaming Engine as the input stream?

2- What is the process power needed for this task on a Intel CPU, and Is it possible to this for multiple streams?

Regards,

Salvadore,

The performance benchmark you pointed to doesn’t address the original question about NVIDIA GPUs. With consumer grade cards you are limited to two streams. With the pro cards it’s eight or more (HD Steams).

thanks,

mark

You can also try and use Flash Media Live Encoder (it’s old but still useful and free)