Wowza Community

Cant connect to streaming Engine Manager

Hi

I followed all the online instructions to start an aws instance and get as far as the login screen and then get the following error…

Wowza Streaming Engine Manager could not connect to the Wowza Steaming Engine (http://localhost:8087).

Verify that the Wowza Streaming Engine service has started and is running.

I used the AMI ami-0f6a0235 for Sydney

I have opened all the ports I was told to in the video. Any suggestions

Cheers

Tony

Hi Tony Welcome to the forums :slight_smile:

I personaly havent used the Amazon Web ServicesAmazon Web Services before (i went for the self hosted option) however I think your problem might be either down to one of three things.

Firstly: The URL that your using to connect;

http://localhost:8007

If your connecting from your home computer then you will need to replace the “localhost” part of the URL with either the IP address or the “public domain name”,

if you were asigned one, that points to your A.W.S box. However if your remoting e.g “desktop remote connection, ssh e.t.c” in to the box and are using the box’s own browser then “localhost” is fine!

Secondly: by default the hostmanager’s port is usally 8088, however as i stated erlier i have never used A.W.S before so they may have changed the default port, you could try and connect using that port and see if it makes any differance.

Thirdly: you may want to check the running services on your box to make sure that both “Wowza Streaming Engine” and “Wowza Streaming Engine Manager” have been started/are currenly running, fomr what i have previously read on the forums i do beleive that there have been instances that when the A.W.S server has been rebooted some times it dosent auto start thease servies hence the suggestion.

Other than those things then im afraid im swimming in waters that are far to deep, so ill happily pass this one to a more experiances member.

Hope this is of some help, if not i hope your able to figure the problem out!

Kind Regards

Lee.

Ahh my apologies i Mis understood what you were saying the your origional post.

This appears to be a problem with the Engine Manager talking to the Engine its self, unfortunatly with out delving through config files/firewalls setups e.t.c or haivng direct access tot he box im of not mutch use here.

Your best bet would be to open up a support ticket directly with Wowza to do this follow the instructions below:

Support Request Instructions:

For Wowza email support requests, be sure to provide the following information with your request to support@wowza.com. To find this information, click the Server tab in Wowza Streaming Engine Manager, and then click About in the contents pane.

• Wowza Streaming Engine version and build number

• Last four digits of license key

• Platform, operating system, and Java version on which Wowza Streaming Engine is running

• Detailed problem description that includes:

• URL of tutorial or instructions being used

• Player technology being used (Adobe Flash, Microsoft Silverlight, iOS device, set-top box, etc.)

• Live encoder/IP camera manufacturer/version and exact encoding settings (live streaming only)

• Send a compressed (zipped) folder that includes the [install-dir]/logs, [install-dir]/conf, and [install-dir]/transcoder folders from your Wowza Streaming Engine installation. See How to create a compressed zip file in Windows, OS X, and Linux for instructions to create a ZIP file.

Sorry i couldent be of any further help!

Kind Regards

Lee.

Hi

Yes I went to the EC2 address http://54.253.11.14:8088/ and it is fine until I try and log in which is where I get the stated error

Cheers

Tony