Wowza Community

problem in timeshift

Dear sir

we have the following

its working on the web but on IOS and android its not working

http://65.111.177.158:1935/dijladvr/dvr/playlist.m3u8?DVR

this is the web page to see the stream

on mobiles its open only the live stream

i try to use simple video tag to play the NDVR but its playng the live stream only

this is the link for the NDVR stream

http://65.111.177.158:1935/dijladvr/dvr/playlist.m3u8?DVR

we have Wowza Streaming Engine 4

regards

Hi,

I’ve just tested the stream using my iPhone 5S and nDVR seems to be working correctly.

If the Apple iOS device you’re testing with is running iOS 8 or above it may not be able to play the nDVR stream.

The nDVR stream should work without issue using Android devices that support cupertino streaming (Apple HLS).

I recommend testing with different devices and use the test players in Wowza Streaming Engine Manager (WSEM) for playback with Flash HDS, Microsoft Silverlight and MPEG-DASH.

Regards,

Jason

the problem is not Wowza but the player

not all player support nDVR playback when the live stream is present

If you are using built-in player on the device, you will face this issue most of the time

I would suggest you integrate another player to control the playback across the board

Hi,

Please confirm that you’re able to play the stream using the nDVR functionality when using the HTTP Test Players in Wowza Streaming Engine Manager (WSEM).

I recommend creating a ticket by sending an email to support@wowza.com.

When creating a ticket, please ensure that you include a ZIP file containing the following directories and a link to this thread for reference.

[Wowza-Install]/conf/

[Wowza-Install]/logs/

[Wowza-Install]/transcoder/

[Wowza-Install]/manager/logs/

Please make sure you provide logs which show Wowza server starting.

If you are not sure how to get this information please see the following tutorial.

How to create a compressed zip file in Windows, OS X, and Linux

• If you have a live stream please outline the type of encoder in use along with the encoding settings for the stream.

• If you are using a .stream file to start re-streaming please provide this.

• If you are using multiple bitrates (ABR) then please provide the SMIL file associated with your configuration.

Regards,

Jason

Hi,

I recommend creating a ticket so we can look at this further.

Please remember to link to this thread and include the directories and files listed above.

It appears to work without issue using the JW player wizard.

Regards,

Jason

i have tried it on android its gave the same issues

you mean that the timeshift will not work on the newest operating system for the iphone so i need 7.0 version to allow me to use the timeshifting

another thing for the android its support the HLS cause i use the same link for it

but it gave mee too the livestreaming only without NDVR

what can i do now to allow the timeshift so every device what ever about the version of os

regards

so what are the players that you advice to integrate

we have jwplayer but it gave the same issues

regards