Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please help this is driving me nuts! Keep receiving out of memory error

Default Please help this is driving me nuts! Keep receiving out of memory error

Hi can someone please help i hope ive posted this in the right section as this is driving me nuts,
    I keep receiving this error: Exception in thread "Thread-351" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

Now ive done some research and was told to go into the setenv.bat file and edit the set JAVA_OPTS=-Xmx760M

Now ive read where it says to edit it depending on your memory etc but i have 64gb of ram and i can only edit the set JAVA_OPTS=-Xmx1650M part with that amount of memory as otherwise if i put more in than 1650 and click startup it doesnt load at all.

Any ideas?

this is the the cmd that froze:

Exception in thread "VHostHandler._defaultVHost_.93" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError:
     Java heap space
            at com.wowza.wms.request.RequestProcessData.processNextRequest(Unknown S
    ource)
            at com.wowza.wms.client.ClientWorker.processNextReq(Unknown Source)
            at com.wowza.wms.request.RTMPRequestAdapter.service(Unknown Source)
            at com.wowza.wms.server.ServerHandler.serviceRequest(Unknown Source)
            at com.wowza.wms.server.ServerHandler.handleMessageReceived(Unknown Sour
    ce)
            at com.wowza.wms.server.ServerHandler.messageReceived(Unknown Source)
            at com.wowza.wms.server.ServerHandlerThreadedSession.run(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
            at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
            at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    Exception in thread "Thread-229" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
            at java.util.jar.Manifest$FastInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
            at java.util.jar.Manifest$FastInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
            at java.util.jar.Manifest.read(Unknown Source)
            at java.util.jar.Manifest.<init>(Unknown Source)
            at java.util.jar.JarFile.getManifestFromReference(Unknown Source)
            at java.util.jar.JarFile.getManifest(Unknown Source)
            at sun.misc.URLClassPath$JarLoader$2.getManifest(Unknown Source)
            at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
            at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(Unknown Source)
            at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
            at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
            at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
            at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
            at org.apache.mina.transport.socket.nio.SocketIoProcessor$Worker.run(Unk
    nown Source)
            at org.apache.mina.util.NamePreservingRunnable.run(Unknown Source)
            at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    Exception in thread "Thread-228" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
    Exception in thread "serverWatchdog" Exception in thread "vhostWatchdog" java.la
    ng.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
    java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
    Exception in thread "Thread-351" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
    Exception in thread "Thread-4" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

Also im getting this error a hell of alot:

ERROR server comment - Zero sized function (client:418683:FMLE/3.0 (compatibl
    e; FMSc/1.0)): type:20 size:0

Also this error:

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded

Hello. It is possible this is going to require you to open a ticket to resolve.

But before I suggest that, let me point out the Performance Tuning Guide
    Please make sure your server is tuned as per these specifications.

If tuned and you still have this problem, the support team will need you to produce a heap dump. Directions to do so can be found here:
    How to take a Java heap dump

Please follow these directions the next time this happens and zip it up along with your /conf and /logs folders and send them to support@wowza.com. Also mention Wowza version, any custom modules or configurations and a link to this thread as a reference.

Kind regards,

Salvadore

Here is my setenv.sh file well the 1st part of it anyway

@echo off

set _EXECJAVA=java
    set JAVA_OPTS=-Xmx10000M

rem If running JDK, uncomment to run server environment (faster)
    rem set JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -server

rem Better garbage collection setting to avoid long pauses
    rem set JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:NewSize=4096m

rem Uncomment to fix multicast crosstalk problem when streams share multicast port
    rem set JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true

Is that right to have it like that or should it be like this:

@echo off

set _EXECJAVA=java
    set JAVA_OPTS=-Xmx10000M

set JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -server

rem set JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:NewSize=4096m

rem Uncomment to fix multicast crosstalk problem when streams share multicast port
    As this page here http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....ormance-Tuning says to put the setenv.sh file like this:
    but mine is like this
    rem set JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -server
    So im not sure

Hi, I see you have your Java Heap Size set at 10,000MB. It is recommended for a Heap Size of 8,000MB with 16 GB of RAM.

Also yes, you might try un-commenting JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -server. So:

Kind regards,

Salvadore

Quote Originally Posted by salvadore View Post
    Hi, I see you have your Java Heap Size set at 10,000MB. It is recommended for a Heap Size of 8,000MB with 16 GB of RAM.

Also yes, you might try un-commenting JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -server. So:

Kind regards,

Salvadore
    Hi thanks for the reply i have tried un commentating what u said and i saw u said it is recommended for a heap size of 8000MB with 16GB of Ram,
    I currently have 64GB of ram so what would be the current figure to input there then?

The Tuning Guide says to not exceed 10,000 MB, but recommends 8,000 for 16 GB for RAM or higher. So you are maxed at 10 GB. You might try dialing it down to see if that helps.

Also:
    Wowza strongly recommends No Additional Settings. The default -server tuning (see step #2 above) works well for many streaming situations, so in most cases this tuning works great without additional settings.
    This is an advanced GC setting, although in your post this is commented out:

But it should not be set any higher then 512m
    If heap size is 5000 MB or greater, NewSize=512m

You might want to double check your settings against this guide. Be sure you look everything over closely.

Kind regards,

Salvadore

The Tuning Guide says to not exceed 10,000 MB, but recommends 8,000 for 16 GB for RAM or higher. So you are maxed at 10 GB. You might try dialing it down to see if that helps.

Also:

This is an advanced GC setting, although in your post this is commented out:

But it should not be set any higher then 512m
    If heap size is 5000 MB or greater, NewSize=512m

You might want to double check your settings against this guide. Be sure you look everything over closely.

Kind regards,

Salvadore
    So Just to be sure i have got this right this is what it should look like:

@echo off

set _EXECJAVA=java
    set JAVA_OPTS=-Xmx8000M

rem set JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:NewSize=512m

What does the "rem" at the start of those lines mean exactly?
    For
    rem set JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:NewSize=512m
    Would it be better to remove the "rem" from the start

Thanks for helping by the way as id be lost if u didnt help

Yes, I think that is looking more appropriate.

You will need to restart the server for these edits to take affect.

"rem" is a comment, meaning the code or documentation that follow is deactivated. Or "human-readable" only. These lines will be ignored by the machine and are an aid in documenting code.

Removing the comment tag "rem" would activate the settings, so I don't think you want to do that at this point.

You are welcome, I hope this helps with your problem. If not, please refer back to my suggestion for opening a ticket.

Kind regards,

Salvadore

Yes, I think that is looking more appropriate.

You will need to restart the server for these edits to take affect.

"rem" is a comment, meaning the code or documentation that follow is deactivated. Or "human-readable" only. These lines will be ignored by the machine and are an aid in documenting code.

Removing the comment tag "rem" would activate the settings, so I don't think you want to do that at this point.

You are welcome, I hope this helps with your problem. If not, please refer back to my suggestion for opening a ticket.

Kind regards,

Salvadore
    So rem basically means stopping the setting from activating? so if i wanted a setting to activate then i would always need to remove the rem right?

With this
    wouldnt removing the rem activate the setting then cause isnt that what i want it to anyway have it activated?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast