Wowza Community

How to get CPU Wow ?

Dear everyone,

I want to get CPU Wowza information of my Wowza Servers for a centralized monitor server.

How can I get it by JMX or a java program?

Thank you.

Hi,

Please take a look at the “How to set up a command line interface to Wowza API to start/stop VHost using JMX” forum article showing a Java example on how to access the JMX interface.

You can then use the “getSystemCpuLoad” function to get your system’s CPU load.

Also, there are other methods of monitoring a system load from a central location. You can also look into the CACTI tool which is pooling the information from the system using SNMP.

Another possibility would be NAGIOS which is also able to send notifications when certain levels of CPU usage are reached.

Zoran

I’d like to stress this topic also (after some years of silience).
I’ll write some kind of health probe as a HTTProvider. That works fine so far. Now I want to add also the current load of the systems and the CPU usage as one metric.

import java.lang.management.*;
OperatingSystemMXBean operatingSystemMXBean = ManagementFactory.getOperatingSystemMXBean();
operatingSystemMXBean.getSystemLoadAverage()
-> this one returns always -1.0 (not available)
and the above mentioned getSystemCpuLoad is not part of java.lang.management… (but only of the com.sun… implementation which is not available as well)

How can I access the monitoring CPU stats wich are shown in the frontend, but with Java code in the HTTProvider?

Kay