Wowza Community

How to create Live Streaming From Files with Scheduler

I am not so much reguler in wowza. But i am facing some issue with new wowza versions. my problem is this as below

How to create Live Streaming From Files with Scheduler?

I already follow this instructions

https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-schedule-streaming-with-wowza-streaming-engine-streampublisher

Wowza running in the linux server as service. Normal video i can play but how i create live stremaing from files with schedule.

please help me in wowza latest version.

Hi there and welcome to the Wowza support forum.

That is the correct guide. What issues are you having?

Make sure the application running the schedule is a “Live” application. Create the .smil file named "streamschedule.smil"and add it to the [install-dir]/content folder.

With this as a reference of the .smil file:

<smil>
    <head>
    </head>
    <body>
        <stream name="Stream1"></stream>

<playlist name="pl1" playOnStream="Stream1" repeat="true" scheduled="2013-09-25 16:00:00">
            <video src="mp4:sample.mp4" start="5" length="5"/>        
        </playlist>
  </body>
</smil>

You would use “Stream1” as the stream name. For example, for iOS:

http://[wowza-ip]:1935/live/Stream1/playlist.m3u8

Please let us know if there is a specific problem with this configuration.

Kind regards,

Salvadore

It looks like you are using the wrong stream name here. Try this (Assuming you set this up according to the guide):

rtmp://202.4.105.206:1935/live
Stream1

You need the .smil file, along with all the video files you refer to in the .smil file, located in the /content folder.

Follow the guide you linked to in your first post, get it working with the sample.mp4 file, then make sure the videos you want to stream are in the content folder, and change the smile from this:

<video src="mp4:sample.mp4" start="5" length="5"/>

To something like this:

<video src="mp4:you-file.mp4" start="5" length="5"/>

Salvadore

Thanks But in player always showing : Source stream or file could not be found or access was denied.

202.4.105.206:1935

rtmp://202.4.105.206:1935/live

smil:streamschedule.smil

Dear Sir Salvadore,

Can you give me complete guidlines of how to setup live streaming like tv from files in content folder Step by Step what need to do.