Wowza Community

Error while following Wowza Streaming Engine for Windows on Azure: Quick Start Guide

So, I have been trying to setup Wowza on Azure as explained on https://www.wowza.com/docs/wowza-streaming-engine-for-windows-on-azure-quick-start-guide with no success.

After following all the steps and hit Create, and waiting for a couple of hours to finish, I get an error saying “Deployment Failed: Deployment to resource group ‘Group’ failed.”

I have tried several configurations, including all the default with no success.

After the creation process fails, I looked at what objects got created in the Azure Resource Group and I see a Virtual Network created, the domain name, the storage object. And from the Deployment History I only see: Deployment failed.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you.

Hi,

It’s difficult to say just from this, but have you already tried enabling/disabling publishing authentication?

Is there any kind of log produced by the encoder that details it’s actions or problems encountered?

Wirecast and Telestream are indeed Works with Wowza partners. But only the latest version of Wowza Streaming

Engine 4 has been recently tested with Wirecast, and does indeed work with Wirecast 6.

Daren

Hi,

Apologies, my previous post was actually intended for a different thread, sorry for the confusion.

We did try a test, spinning up a Windows VM in the Western US region, and that did come up fine, after about 30 minutes.

Also using defaults.

What region are you deploying in? You might be having a regional specific issue.

Daren

Hi,

The last test we did came up fine, but after about 30 minutes.

We only used defaults, did you use the same?

Daren

Hi Daren, thank you for the super quick response.

I must have been not very clear on my post, but I haven’t been able to setup the Wowza environment/VM in Azure, because when I click on CREATE on Azure, (to create the Wowza infrastructure in Azure) it fails after a couple of hours, so at the end, I don’t get the VM where I suposse to log in and configure Wowza.

In other words, can anyone help on getting Wowza to work on Azure, I guess this may be for Azure support, but I thought I should start here as you may have feedback regarding this.

Thank you,

I am having the same issue. I get the error in less than 5 minutes. I tried creating the VM instance in the east and west data centers.

I am having the same issue.

I have an AZURE Bizspark account and I experience failure creating the WOWZA VM for Windows. I followed the install instructions.

I get an Deployment failed; deployment to resource group failed “group name” failed.

Just as a test I created a different VM in Azure and it worked as expected.

Hi,

Apologies, my previous post was actually intended for a different thread, sorry for the confusion.

We did try a test, spinning up a Windows VM in the Western US region, and that did come up fine, after about 30 minutes.

Also using defaults.

What region are you deploying in? You might be having a regional specific issue.

Daren

Daren,

Were you able to resolve the Wowza VM failure? I am experiencing the same issue I have tried different regions and even tried using the Linux version with the same results.

Thanks,

Gary

Hi,

Also using defaults.

Daren

I am having the same issue setting up the Wowza Azure VM.