Wowza Community

HA Infrastructure for wowza

Our Use Case

We have a mobile application which stream video using wowza server on AWS. We create multiple channels for different streams.

Current Setup

We are using one m1.xlarge server which receive the video and stream it using Cloud Front.

Challenges

Now, Client side every thing is working fine, but when we are increasing the number of channels for streaming our origin server started running slow. So we would like to have multiple origin server but I am not able to understand how can we configure it.

I would be grateful if you guys can help us to setting up the HA infrastructure.

Thanks,

Abhishek

It is possible to write a module and place it on each origin, so it will send some HTTP requests each time the stream is published or unpublished.

Your HTTP service will be able to reconfigure cloudfront to take certain stream from certain server.

Alternatively, it may probably help to setup single “edge server” for Cloudfront and configure it to try fetching streams from multiple origins.

I’m Wowza consultant so we can probably work together if you want (in this case please write me to roman@dynamicstreaming.net)

It is possible to write a module and place it on each origin, so it will send some HTTP requests each time the stream is published or unpublished.

Your HTTP service will be able to reconfigure cloudfront to take certain stream from certain server.

Alternatively, it may probably help to setup single “edge server” for Cloudfront and configure it to try fetching streams from multiple origins.

I’m Wowza consultant so we can probably work together if you want (in this case please write me to roman@dynamicstreaming.net)

Romero, Is it possible to use Nginx as reverse proxy for multiple origins, and use the “edge server” for fetching the stream and publish it to cloud front.