Wowza Community

Load test for recording doesn't seem to work

I’m trying to see how many simultaneous webcam recording sessions our Wowza Server can support. I am following the instructions here:

http://www.wowza.com/resources/LoadTestingTool.pdf

The performance.bat file seems to run, but I’m not getting any traffic to the server. Here’s the output of performance.bat:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Wowza Media Systems\Wowza Streaming Engine 4.1.1\bin>performance.bat record-test
Tuning:  -Xmx10000M -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:NewSize=512m -server -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -Xmx3000M
Configure logging: file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/Wowza Media Systems/Wowza Streaming Engine 4.1.1/conf/log4j.properties
INFO server comment - test: **** PerformanceRemoteClientTest *****
INFO server comment - workerCount: 1
INFO server comment - fileCount: 0
INFO server comment - streamName: XXXSTREAMNAMEXXX
INFO server comment - streamExt:
INFO server comment - vhostName: _defaultVHost_
INFO server comment - connectionStr: XXXSTREAMNAMEXXX/_definst_
INFO server comment - doRandom: false
INFO server comment - doRepeat: true
INFO server comment - ipAddress: XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
INFO server comment - ports: 80
INFO server comment - bufferTime: 3000
ERROR server comment - IdleWorkerUtil: run.work : java.lang.NullPointerException|at com.wowza.wms.httpstreamer.model.HTTPStreamerContext.onIdle(HTTPStreamerContext.java:115)|at com.wowza.wms.util.IdleWorkerUtil.run(IdleWorkerUtil.java:111)|
INFO server comment - MediaCasterStreamValidator.init[XXXSTREAMNAMEXXX/_definst_]: Started
INFO application app-start _definst_ XXXSTREAMNAMEXXX/_definst_
ERROR server comment - PerformanceTest : java.lang.NullPointerException|at com.wowza.wms.performance.remote.PerformanceRemoteClientTest.run(PerformanceRemoteClientTest.java:160)|at com.wowza.wms.performance.PerformanceTest.run(PerformanceTest.java:57)|at com.wowza.wms.performance.PerformanceTestList.run(PerformanceTestList.java:68)|at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)|at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)|
INFO server comment - Status running:0 currBehind:0
... and more lines like this

(Some identifying information has been X’ed out.)

What do I do to troubleshoot?

Hobbes

Never mind. The PDF on the Wowza site is actually out of date and doesn’t match the PDF that came with the load test tool (!). I followed the instructions in the new PDF and here

Hobbes