Wowza Community

rtmp publish avconv --> wowza, no audio

Hello!

Pushing rtmp with acvonv (ffmpeg) into Wowza.

Source is h264/aac, so we use acodec copy and vcodec copy. Stream succesfully starts, ffmpeg output confirm its h264/aac, there is only one video and one audio feed. Stream works in wowza, but there is no audio.

Running ffmpeg with acodec aac fixes the issue.

I wonder why do we need to re-encode aac into aac to have sound in Wowza?

Many thanks, Alex.

UPD: tried with 44100 and 48000 audio sources, same story

Hi Alexey, the only thing I can think of is the source audio was not true AAC audio when it was copied. So encoding to AAC produced AAC audio out and the audio then worked in the stream.

Regards,

Salvadore

Alex, if you would like you can open a ticket with support. They will need zipped copies of your /conf and /log folders along with FFmpeg settings and info about the source stream. As well as links to example live sources.

To open a ticket, please send this information to support@wowza.com and provide a link to this thread as a reference.

Regards,

Salvadore

Hi Alexey, the only thing I can think of is the source audio was not true AAC audio when it was copied. So encoding to AAC produced AAC audio out and the audio then worked in the stream.

Regards,

Salvadore

Hi Salvadore, i doubt it is “not true AAC audio” - it does work everywhere before the ffmpeg --> Wowza rtmp push, it also work in Wowza being pushed over RTP without any re-encode. Also similiar issue we noticed with different source feeds.

So issue rise ONLY when you push absolutely normal h264/aac feed into wowza with ffmpeg/avconv over RTMP.

I believe this is common enough usage scenario, so would be fine to run little investigation and sort it out. I can provide examples of live sources.

Thanks, Alex.

Hi all,

I have also noticed this exact same problem. Unless you re-encode the aac audio right before pushing it to Wowza over RTMP, it drops the audio completely. I get this error in the logs:

java.lang.arrayindexoutofboundsexception: 2

Any progress on this?

Jordan Rumph