Wowza Community

Two questions on Wowza (Bitrate and Stream Kill)

I have a site of personal online-broadcastings on the basis of the WOWZA server. The programmer wrote for me the module for WOWZA and was gone.

Therefore I address to you.

As to me to solve two problems:

1. To global limit to users the maximum bitrate of a broadcasting in 1000kbit. (my Users can broadcast both through the site-flash, and through third-party external programs(XSplit etc…)). Some users need to allow me to 3000kbit.

2. I am the administrator of the WOWZA of the server. How I can, having seen the user stream with obscene content, immediately to switch off this stream? I didn’t find it in the administrative interface.

Thank you in advance!

P.S. I am ready to pay for the help

Hi,

You can limit publishing bandwidth using this method.

You can disconnect a stream in the Manager under Applications > ApplicationName > Incoming Streams if it is a Mediacaster based stream (RTSP/RTP or mpegts), and then block the IP address in security settings.

If an RTMP stream, it’s a little more difficult, you can block the stream by IP blacklist (under incoming security), but then you’ll need to disconnect the stream by stopping the application itself. Once the stream is disconnected it shouldn’t be able to reconnect with that blocked IP address.

Daren

Hi, I’m Wowza consultant and can write you wowza module that will do everything in a way you want.

To discuss this, please contact me by email: roman@dynamicstreaming.net

Hi,

You can limit publishing bandwidth using this method.

Yes, it worked, big thanks.

I limited to all bitrate to 2000kbit.

But, how I can up bitrate to 3000kbit to some user? or to the some address…

How it can be realized?

You can disconnect a stream in the Manager under Applications > ApplicationName > Incoming Streams if it is a Mediacaster based stream (RTSP/RTP or mpegts), and then block the IP address in security settings.

If an RTMP stream, it’s a little more difficult, you can block the stream by IP blacklist (under incoming security), but then you’ll need to disconnect the stream by stopping the application itself. Once the stream is disconnected it shouldn’t be able to reconnect with that blocked IP address.

Daren

I have RTMP-streams, and it is necessary to restart application and to interrupt all streams. But it works, therefore anyway thanks!

As far as I understood, it is impossible to block quickly a stream without interruption of RTMP streams?