Wowza Community

Stream Splitted Videos in form of continous Stream using VOD not Live

Hi

I want to stream split-ted videos continuously,I could able to achieve it using live.

But when i am trying to do the same thing in vod,I am unable to see output in the test player.

But in the console its picking the files correctly But output is not view-able on the player.

Please find the below snapshot of console vs Player output.

http://s2.postimg.org/z3cph8dll/snap1.png

Following are the properties set in the Server Properties

/Root/Server streamPublisherVHost String defaultVHost

/Root/Server streamPublisherApplication String vod/definst

I have replaced live with vod as my application name in streamPublisherApplication but still the result is same.

Please find Server.xml which is attached in the below location.

http://pastebin.com/AVqTjpaW

Regards

Shyam.S

Hi,

Looking at the picture you provided it appears the duration of the stream is configured to only be 10 seconds.

I recommend changing the .smil file so that the length is “-1” which means the content will play to the end of the file.

Each application that runs a schedule must have a live stream type.

Please find the ServerListenerStreamPublisher article below for reference.

How to schedule streaming with Wowza Streaming Engine (ServerListenerStreamPublisher)

Regards,

Jason

Hi,

The functionality you’re using is for live streaming only and doesn’t work for video on demand applications.

We currently do not have a playlist for video on demand but you could try using our nDVR AddOn and then use the dvrPlaylistRequestDelegate.

This should allow playback which also has the option of using the scroll bar. I recommend testing this to see if it suits your requirements.

If the stream isn’t currently being recorded with Wowza (Video1.mp4, Video2.mp4 and Video3.mp4) you may need to publish as live using the above method and then nDVR the live stream.

Regards,

Jason

Hi,

Looking at the picture you provided it appears the duration of the stream is configured to only be 10 seconds.

I recommend changing the .smil file so that the length is “-1” which means the content will play to the end of the file.

Each application that runs a schedule must have a live stream type.

Please find the ServerListenerStreamPublisher article below for reference.

How to schedule streaming with Wowza Streaming Engine (ServerListenerStreamPublisher)

Regards,

Jason

Thanks Jason for you response.

But my requirement is that i need to provide user flexibility to seek videos at any point of time .

I have a requirement where I have multiple videos with 30 mins duration.

Videos starts and ends at below time slots.

Video1.mp4 6:20 - 6:50

Video2.mp4 6:50 - 7:20

Video3.mp4 7:20 - 7:50

Now Client has requested to stream video from 6:30 to 7:00.

So i need to forward 10 mins first video i.e 20 mins Video1.mp4.

Then after for rest of 10 mins i need to automatically stream the second video i.e Video2.mp4.

As the client doesnt know that how many videos are there so he wish to seek front and back in the media player.

I need to provide this functionality by using playlists .

If i am considering the application as live i cant provide seek functionality that’s the reason i have taken vod.

Regards

Shyam.S