Thread: hls *m3u8 Stream to UDP Multicast?

Default hls *m3u8 Stream to UDP Multicast?

Hello,

I new in using Wowza version 4.1.0 I am trying to realize

to take an incoming HLS stream http://xx.xx.xx.xx:8080/hls/stream.m3u8 into an UDP multicast stream targeting to UDP://yy.yy.yy.yy:1234

I used the search function in the forum and in the articles and found a lot of articles and topic to do it vice versa: UDP to HLS.
    only a few deal with my problem and I honestly am a little lost in what I found, because a lot of stuff is related to older outdated versions.
    Probably it will be using the PushPublishMap.txt - but what do I put there and what else do I have to set up?

I got so far in changing PushPublishMap.txt: UDP target is defined. But what Do I set as source?

# Push Publishing Map file, format:
    #
    # format:
    xystream={Profile:[profile], [additional-configuration-items]}
    #

#myStream={profile:"rtmp", streamName:"myStreamRTMP", host:"localhost", application:"live", userName:"myuser", password:"mypassword"}
    myStream={profile:"mpegts", streamName:"xyz", host:"yy.yy.yy.yy", port:1234, rtpWrap:false}
    #myStream={profile:"rtp", streamName:"myStreamRTP", host:"239.1.1.1", videoPort:10002, audioPort:10004}
    So I would appreciate a lot if somebody of you experts could summarize what would be the best way to solve this task.

Thanks a lot and kind regards
    matzep7

-

Hello there and welcome to the Wowza support forum.

I am not sure what you are trying to do here, but you can take a look at this guide:
    How to re-stream an unprotected stream from Adobe Media Server or a CDN

NOTE: HTTP ingress is only supported for ShoutCast streams, the guide I linked to is limited to re-streaming the RTMP stream. Wowza Streaming Engine does not support ingesting A/V streams using the HTTP or HTTPS protocol.

If this does not answer your question, could you please provide more detail about your particular use case?

Thank you,

Salvadore

Hello did you solve your task? If Yes how did you do that? I need to do the same, could you help me please? Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by RicardoPons View Post
    Hello did you solve your task? If Yes how did you do that? I need to do the same, could you help me please? Thank you
    Hi Ricardo,

I see you have asked this question on several threads. Please see my response in this thread.

Regards,
    Alex

Wowza Streaming Engine does not support ingesting A/V streams using the HTTP or HTTPS protocol.