Thread: GoCoder App on iOS 6 suddenly crashes

Default GoCoder App on iOS 6 suddenly crashes

Dear Wowza team,

we have used the Wowza GoCoder App on an iPad mini with iOS 6 in fall 2014 without any issues.

After a short break we wanted to use the GoCoder App again this month, but suddenly it crashes on the same device directly after the intro screen with the quick tutorial.
    The GoCoder version is 1.4.5.

We have already reinstalled the GoCoder App and rebooted the iOS mini device but the issue still occurs and we cannot get to the GoCoder camera and settings screen any longer.
    We do not get any error message.
    The native camera app of the iPad mini itself works fine.
    And it is unlikely that one of the previously encoding settings fails by now.
    An upgrade to iOS 7 is currently not possible.

Is there anything we can do to debug this issue or to send you further details to investigate the reason?

Might it be related to the last App Update to version 1.4.5 in Februar 2015?

Thanks for every suggestion.

André

Hello,

We would like to work through this issue with you in a support ticket (#119040) to understand more about your configuration. You should have already received a support ticket notification to the email registered with your forum account. Please respond to the support ticket with the following information:

1. What specific version of iOS are you using?
    2. Are you using WIFI or Cellular? What cellular carrier are you connected to?
    3. Have you tried resetting your iPad? There were known issues with apps crashing on iOS 6. See this Apple Discussion.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Regards,

Mac

Question

Quote Originally Posted by mcray_h View Post
    Hello,

We would like to work through this issue with you in a support ticket (#119040) to understand more about your configuration. You should have already received a support ticket notification to the email registered with your forum account. Please respond to the support ticket with the following information:

1. What specific version of iOS are you using?
    2. Are you using WIFI or Cellular? What cellular carrier are you connected to?
    3. Have you tried resetting your iPad? There were known issues with apps crashing on iOS 6. See this Apple Discussion.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Regards,

Mac
    Hi - I'm very anxiously awaiting a solution to this problem. I have an iPod touch (4th gen) running 6.1.6 (latest for that device).

On EVERY LAUNCH of the Wowza GoCoder app, the tour overlay (that shows what buttons do what) comes up, then whenever I tap the screen anywhere, the app closes.
    It doesn't matter if I restart, power off and back on, reset/delete all content and settings, wipe, reload. No matter *what* I do, this happens (so it is 100% consistent).

Thoughts?