Wowza Community

Problems With ModuleAnalytics

I have installed the ModuleAnalytics add on and configured it based on the instructions on this page…

https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-send-connection-and-stream-statistics-to-google-analytics-analytics

However, I’m not seeing the proper stats in Google Analytics. In the article, it says to go to Standard Reports > Real-Time > content to view connections. This is not working. I can go to Real-Time > Events > choose the play event category, and then click on “Events (Last 30 min)”. This allows me to see connections in the previous 30 minutes.

However, I cannot see total stats for a selected date. When I go to view all of the “play” events from yesterday, nothing shows up. The category doesn’t even show up in Analytics. The article says to go to Behavior Flow > Site Content > All pages but that is incorrect as it doesn’t show up in there either. In my logs I’m seeing stuff like this.

Wowzalytics URL http://www.google-analytics.com/__utm.gif?utmdt=wolfridge1.stream&utmt=event&utme=5(stop*rtmp*wolfridge1.stream)&utmwv=4.4sh&utmn=6938214256&utmhn=www.resortcams.com&utmr=%2Fnull%2F_definst_%2FRTMPConnect-wolfridge1.stream&utmp=%2Fnull%2F_definst_%2Fwolfridge1.stream&utmac=UA-35082047-1&utmcc=__utma%3D999.999.999.999.999.1%3B&utmvid=225b6dd1227e53fa&umtip=96.37.216.0 Success

So it appears that it’s sending the proper info to Google Analytics but I can’t find it anywhere in the stats. Any help?

Hello there.

There was a problem with the guide, which has been update on 2-21-15. Please make sure you review the guide as some changes have been made do to issues reported by other users.

I am not sure if this will help in your case, if you work through the updated guide and still have problems please open a ticket by sending zipped copies of your /conf and /logs folders to support@wowza.com

Kind regards,

Salvadore

Hello there.

There was a problem with the guide, which has been update on 2-21-15. Please make sure you review the guide as some changes have been made do to issues reported by other users.

I am not sure if this will help in your case, if you work through the updated guide and still have problems please open a ticket by sending zipped copies of your /conf and /logs folders to support@wowza.com

Kind regards,

Salvadore

The guide on the link I referenced in my initial post still says 02-02-2015. It has not been updated. Also, I have already opened a ticket and have yet to receive a response in 24 hours.

Sounds like you are viewing a cached page. Try clearing the browser cache and refreshing the page. Or viewing in a different browser. I clicked on the link in your first post and it says it was updated 2-21-15

Regards,

Salvadore

I’ve opened this page…

https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-send-connection-and-stream-statistics-to-google-analytics-analytics

In several different browsers. Cleared cache. All of them still say

Updated: For Wowza Streaming Engine on 02-02-2015.

Ah, I see. You are looking down at the bottom of the guide. Not sure what that section of the guide represents, it may need to be updated manually down there. But if you look below the Title of the guide you should see:

Published on 02-02-2015 02:15 AM Updated 02-21-2015 Number of Views: 260

Again, if you work through the updated guide and still have a problem, please follow my instructions up top to open a ticket with support.

Thank you,

Salvadore

I do not see the updated timestamp under the title.

I opened up a ticket yesterday morning. I have not heard anything back in over 24 hours. Request #118940.

Sounds like you are viewing a cached page. Try clearing the browser cache and refreshing the page. Or viewing in a different browser. I clicked on the link in your first post and it says it was updated 2-21-15

Regards,

Salvadore

Ah, I see. You are looking down at the bottom of the guide. Not sure what that section of the guide represents, it may need to be updated manually down there. But if you look below the Title of the guide you should see:

Published on 02-02-2015 02:15 AM Updated 02-21-2015 Number of Views: 260

Again, if you work through the updated guide and still have a problem, please follow my instructions up top to open a ticket with support.

Thank you,

Salvadore