Thread: Authentication error in coding software when start streaming

Question Authentication error in coding software when start streaming

Hello,

When I start streaming from wirecast or FMLE the first time or two times I get message that login and password are wrong. But when I retry connect it's ok with authenticated information and streaming starts. All logins and password are correct and set up in wowza publishing settings.
    Maybe I should change some settings on wowza to increase authenticate timeout?

I use Wowza Streaming Engine version 4.1.0

Hi vsdok3,

Is your wirecast/FMLE device on the same network as your Wowza instance? You can also start up your Wowza instance in stand-alone mode, and then try sending your stream again. You should see any error messages in your console window.

Michelle
    Last edited by michelle_b; 02-26-2015 at 07:24 PM. Reason: Added link to article

Hi, Wowza is on server in data center of hosting. PC with wirecast/FMLE in another network. It connects to wowza through Internet. I tried different providers it doesn't matter.

Hi vsdok3,

I tested Wirecast with an EC2 instance and found no issues with the initial handshake. Can you tell us what version Wirecast/FMLE you are using? If you are using Wirecast 6, or if you still see this issue after upgrading, please do send a support request to support@wowza.com, and include a zip copy of the following folders on your Wowza installation.

[install-dir]/conf
    [install-dir]/logs

Please also include screenshots from Wirecast that has the error.

Michelle