Wowza Community

Authentication error in coding software when start streaming

Hello,

When I start streaming from wirecast or FMLE the first time or two times I get message that login and password are wrong. But when I retry connect it’s ok with authenticated information and streaming starts. All logins and password are correct and set up in wowza publishing settings.

Maybe I should change some settings on wowza to increase authenticate timeout?

I use Wowza Streaming Engine version 4.1.0

Hi vsdok3,

Is your wirecast/FMLE device on the same network as your Wowza instance? You can also start up your Wowza instance in stand-alone mode, and then try sending your stream again. You should see any error messages in your console window.

Michelle

Hi, Wowza is on server in data center of hosting. PC with wirecast/FMLE in another network. It connects to wowza through Internet. I tried different providers it doesn’t matter.

Hi vsdok3,

I tested Wirecast with an EC2 instance and found no issues with the initial handshake. Can you tell us what version Wirecast/FMLE you are using? If you are using Wirecast 6, or if you still see this issue after upgrading, please do send a support request to support@wowza.com, and include a zip copy of the following folders on your Wowza installation.

[install-dir]/conf

[install-dir]/logs

Please also include screenshots from Wirecast that has the error.

Michelle