Thread: Transcoded recording issues - 2 min chunk unplayable + 2 audio tracks

Default Transcoded recording issues - 2 min chunk unplayable + 2 audio tracks

I had a live stream that used a server side playlist with 1 live stream and 8 on-demand videos that I was playing into a single stream for playback. This all worked well live but when I recorded it down to an MP4, I started to have issues. I had enabled transcoding using H.264 at 500 kbps and AAC at 48 kbps and recorded the output to mp4 on the server.

First, there is a 2 minute chunk that is not playable by most players about 20 minutes into the recording. I was able to get that section to play using Chrome's built-in HTML5 player and noticed that I could hear audio at this moment but no video. Any subsequent recorded content after this unplayable chunk now had really poor frame rate and the audio and video was no longer in sync.

I opened the recorded video in Quicktime and the media info showed two audio tracks - AAC 44100 Hz, Stereo and AAC 48000 Hz Stereo. The live stream source was 48000 Hz and the video on demand was 41000 Hz. MediaInfo showed the that framerate of the recording was really low - 12.9 fps and the bitrate was low too at around 250 kbps. The live stream and on-demand videos were all at 25 fps output framerate.

I've tried to replicate this issue but have had limited success. Can you please help?
    Last edited by myboynoy; 02-25-2015 at 07:21 AM.