Wowza Community

ModuleLoopUntilLive issues, perhaps Transcoder interfering

I have been working on setting up our server to play an offline video in a loop whenever our encoder is not broadcasting. I followed the instructions in this post​ to setup the streamPublisher module to play the a video (offline.mp4) in a loop using a SMIL file (offline.smil) to a stream called offline. When I connect to the offline stream, I can see the video playing in a loop. Then I followed this guide​ to setup ModuleLoopUntilLive to play the “offline” stream when the live stream was offline. My live application has two streams “high” which runs 720p and “low” which runs at 360p (now it has three because I added “offline” which plays a 720p mp4). I am also running the transcoder add on. When I shut off my encoder and try to play the “high” stream, I get an error “Source stream or file could not be found or access was denied.” When I try to play the “low” stream, it plays the offline video and I can tell that it has been transcoded down from 720p to 360p because the quality is much lower than when I play the “offline” stream directly.

I must be missing something simple here, or else there is some interaction going on with the transcoder plugin and the LoopUnitilLive Module.

About:

Wowza Streaming Engine

Engine Version

4.1.1 (build 13180)

Engine Manager Version

4.1.1 (build 13180)

License

Wowza Streaming Engine 4 Perpetual Edition

Transcoder Addon

OS

Windows Server 2008 R2 (amd64)

Java Information​

Java Version

1.7.0_51

Java VM Version

24.51-b03

Java Architecture

Java Name

Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM

Java Vendor

Oracle Corporation

Java Home

C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_51\jre

Java Max Heap Size

4266MB

Hi,

I would be curious how you have configured the LoopUntilLive module.

Can you create a ZIP archive containing your Wowza configuration and log files and open a ticket by sending an email to support@wowza.com.

Please send a detailed description of your setup and make sure to reference this forum post as well.

Zoran

Hi,

This issue is being handled in ticket #119452

Daren