Wowza Community

IP white list of "Outgoing Security" of Application

Hello,

I am going to build up an application in my Wowza streaming server.

However, I just want to allow particular groups of users to access our VOD video clips. So, make use of the “Outgoing Security” options.

Since using IP range is not allowed in this option. I try to add the IP address one by one. May I know the maximum no. of IP address can be added to this whitelist?

Thanks.

G Tang

Hi,

It should be limited to the size of a string, which is huge, so you probably don’t need to worry about how many you can add.

Managing the many different entries may become tedious though.

You can also use wild cards for addresses, such as 192.168.1.* for instance.

Daren

Hi,

There was a Manager bug where ‘*’ was indeed not a valid entry, and has been corrected in the latest release/build.

Glad it’s working for you.

Daren

Hi,

It should be limited to the size of a string, which is huge, so you probably don’t need to worry about how many you can add.

Daren

I tried to use wildcard. It prompts me with error. It seems wildcard is not supported.

" is an invalid IP address. IP addresses must be formatted as xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx for IPV4 or yyyy:yyyy:yyyy:yyyy:yyyy:yyyy:yyyy:yyyy for IPV6."

Hi,

Daren

The problem seems to be fixed after updating Wowza to version 4.1.2

Thanks for your help.