Wowza Community

SBR and ABR RTMP Push Live with Edgecast - Proper PushPublishMap Syntax

I have found one document suggesting proper mappings to push RTMP to Edgecast.

To push to EdgeCast, use the rtmp profile. The rtmp profile is pre-configured to push to an RTMP CDN. When pushing to EdgeCast, the following account information is required:

• Host

• ApplicationID

• StreamName

• Live Authentication Key

Following is an example entry to push the stream myStream to EdgeCast, assuming these credentials:

• Host: fso.lax.0001.edgecastcdn.net

• ApplicationID: 200001

• StreamName: myStream

• Live Authentication Key: 0123456

My question is: What determines the ApplicationID, above listed as 200001?

Example map entry:

myStream={profile:“rtmp”, host:“fso.lax.0001.edgecastcdn.net”, application:200001, streamName:“myStream?0123456”, originalTimecodeThreshold:0x100000}

Here is my mapping for Single Bit Rate. Can someone help me determine what I need to change?

#CDN2-SBR

livestream.stream_360p={profile:“rtmp”, host:“fso.lax.0001.edgecastcdn.net/Acct#”, application:“default” streamName:“XXXXX-stream4?XKeyX&adbe-live-event=XXXXX”, originalTimecodeThreshold:0x100000}

Also, if I were to send three bitrates, 480p and 720p, what would be changed in the above??

Thanks!

Clayton

Hi Clayton,

The applicationID should be information that you get from Edgecast. Also, multi-bitrate push publishing to edgecast was covered in a tutorial thread by one of our users. There should be no changes in the map settings except for the streamnames.

Michelle