Wowza Community

VLC player

Is there a way to disable the ability to stream to it via my rtmp url? password it?

Many thanks

Hi,

there are a number of ways to protect your RTMP outbound stream. Please see this article for some suggestions. For example, you could apply a simple username/password protection to the stream. More advanced topics can be found here.

Paul

I guess it depends on how they’re getting your Wowza RTMP URL. You could apply outbound security using IP whitelists and blacklists, if you know the VLC player’s IP address or if it’s on a different subnet or network which you could then block.

Paul

Hi,

Thanks for updating us. Glad that you found one of our many options worked for you.

Regards,

Paul

Hi,

there are a number of ways to protect your RTMP outbound stream. Please see this article for some suggestions. For example, you could apply a simple username/password protection to the stream. More advanced topics can be found here.

Paul

k im not worried about the stream going on other sites i just wanna disable the ability for people taking my rtmp link and using it on VLC… so that link will have the answer?

This case has been solved i encrypted site with token :smiley:

You’re right. Thank you :).