Wowza Community

Live Stream + Windows Phone 8/8.1 + Browser/HTML (JWPlayer)

Hi,

I’m streaming live content to iOS and Android Phones already through Wawza and JWPlayer.

I’d like to do same for Windows Phone Devices, but currently this does not work for me. I can already stream data from a file through Wowza and JWPlayer plays it nicely. But as soon as I configure Wowza to send a live stream, JWPlayer displays “Invalid Source”. SilverLight Plugins don’t Install on Windows phones, so this is not an option. I also don’t want to install an additional app on Windows Phone, but play the Stream in a Website.

I have learned, that I have to use MP4 Container for Streaming. (HLS does not work: https://msdn.microsoft.com/library/windows/apps/ff462087%28v=vs.105%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396#BKMK_VideoSupport).

Question is: how do I configure Wowza to create a Live Stream (not from a File) to play the content on Windows Phone?

Best, Geri-m

Hello,

Unfortunately there is no way of doing this on a Windows phone, which I’m aware of. Most customers are developing or utilizing custom apps to accomplish this.

You may find the links below as useful to you for your streams:

Player Framework for Windows 8 and WP8

Player Framework: an open source media player framework for Windows and Windows Phone

Regards,

Mac