Wowza Community

Pull stream from RTSP/RTP device, pushed out to YouTube

Hello,

I’ve got a new Extron SMP351, which I’ve set up in Pull stream mode, doing Unicast RTP over UDP. (I cannot get the Push mode, which only does TS/UDP, TS/RTP and ES/RTP streams, to even get to the Wowza server)

Port Range is 50000-50199, MTU is 1500, RTSP port is 554 and RTSP over HTTP port is 8080

I can connect to this stream fine with Wowza, as I’ve set it up as a stream file. I’m able to view the stream in the default live application using the Test Players option.

I’ve tried to set up the Push Publish Module so that it will take my stream file and push it out to YouTube (or any other RTMP capture site, YouTube is just the easiest to test with at this time)

I’ve changed my logon to be ‘advanced options’ and added the module in under the module tab, i’ve set up the link to YouTube through the PushPublishMap file.

I’ve tried:

myStream={profile:“rtmp”, streamName:“blaeven-8626.pd3e-v204-s8a1-de8j”, host:“x.rtmp.youtube.com”, application:“live2”}

myStream={profile:“rtmp”, streamName:“blaeven-8626.pd3e-v204-s8a1-de8j”, host:“y.rtmp.youtube.com”, application:“live2?backup=1”}

and (because the name of my stream file is SMP351.stream):

SMP351.Stream={profile:“rtmp”, streamName:“blaeven-8626.pd3e-v204-s8a1-de8j”, host:“x.rtmp.youtube.com”, application:“live2”}

SMP351.Stream={profile:“rtmp”, streamName:“blaeven-8626.pd3e-v204-s8a1-de8j”, host:“y.rtmp.youtube.com”, application:“live2?backup=1”}

These are the details given to me by YouTube, but YouTube cannot see my stream.

I’ve also noticed that even though the incoming stream from the SMP351 is active, my server monitor is showing no action (though the ‘Bytes In’ field is sitting around the 2-3Mbits/s mark)

This changes (says there is one outgoing but still no incoming) to when I view the stream through the test players page.

Please help, I’m relatively new to the whole streaming world, and I’ve tried to find the answer here on the forums and on the Wowza help pages. But, ultimately, I’ve just been bashing my head against a wall for a few days, trying to get this sorted.

Hi,

Try turning on Push Publishing debugging, as show here

Then look in the [install-dir/logs/wowzamediaserver_access.log file

Look for this message, which indicates connection success:

ModulePushPublish: ********** CONNECT ***** to myaccount.u8w0-z0pr-c4qx-7jt1 app: [application-name]/definst

Look for other error messages. You can paste here.

Daren

Hi,

If you are encountering this issue with the Extron, please open a ticket by sending an email to support@wowza.com. In your email, please reference this

thread’s URL and include/attach [install-dir]/conf, [install-dir]/logs, [install-dir]/transcoder and [install-dir]/manager/logs folders (zipped).

Daren

I 'm having trouble too. YouTube STREAM STATUS : NO DATA

I do not see any log is the log file.

2015-03-16 17:09:45 EET comment server INFO 200 - StatsManager:startManager() Enabled=true - - - 6.743 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

2015-03-16 17:09:45 EET comment server INFO 200 - Wowza Streaming Engine is started! - - - 6.743 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

2015-03-16 17:09:40 EET - - - - - - - - - 2.499 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

2015-03-16 17:19:02 EET comment server INFO 200 - REST API: Restart Application: Application (live) shutdown - - - 564.256 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Does anyone have an idea?

I’ve also noticed that even though the incoming stream from the SMP351 is active, my server monitor is showing no action (though the ‘Bytes In’ field is sitting around the 2-3Mbits/s mark) This changes (says there is one outgoing but still no incoming) to when I view the stream through the test players page.???

GuL

Does anyone have an idea?

I’m having the same issue with the SMP 351. I’ve tried both push and pull to no avail. If anyone comes across a fix or workaround for this please post. If I figure it out I will be sure to update this thread.

Thanks!

FYI - I just got off the phone with Extron support and they are planning on putting out documentation on how to connect to the Wowza. I’m not sure when this will be available but apparently a lot of customers are asking for this therefore hope it will be relatively soon.

Is there any information about this?
I have the same problem. I can see the incoming stream from the IP camera. But when I create target stream to YouTube - it doesn’t work.
Youtube It is waiting for the incoming stream.
In wowzastreamingengine_access.log file I see that the connection is successful, the data is being transmitted.