Wowza Community

No JVC Live Source in Cloud Trial?

Hi,

There appears to be no JVC option in the Live Sources step when creating a new stream (in Trial version). Is there a JVC option in the full Cloud version?

I am attempting to use a JVC GY-HM650 (FW v3) as the stream source but the “Other RTSP” option does not seem to be compatible with this camera? (Ideally I would like to push a UDP/TCP stream to the Cloud service, but there is the option for RTP/RTSP on the camera).

Thanks,

Willie

Hi,

I looked at video source settings in Wowza Cloud and I don’t see a specific one for JVC as of yet. This camera should work with RTSP though I believe. Our article on JVC ProHD CamCorders indicates settings for Wowza Streaming Engine. I’m not familiar with the specific syntax for this HD cam but is it reporting any errors back at all when attempting to stream? I resume you’re using the pull option and entering the camera URL as the source? Does this mirror your workflow if using Wowza Streaming Engine?

I shall raise the missing JVC option internally, as this is an available publisher option within Wowza Streaming Engine and they are a Works With Wowza partner.

Paul

Hi Willie,

Good news on getting it working. Pushing RTSP is really down to the camera. It’s not usual for that capability to be there. It’s generally referred to as “SDP announce”. If the camera can produce an RTMP stream then it can do the pushing, but that’s rare to find in IP cameras I believe. Can it generate an mpeg-ts stream? It could then push to a UDP listener in Wowza.

Hi Willie,

more good news. Just to inform you that the JVC profile will be part of the Cloud source selection when creating your stream. This is currently in progress and should be available soon.

Paul

Hi,

Thanks for your speedy response. This morning I did get the camera working with RTSP Pull streaming (I was using incorrect syntax in the source url) and everything looks great.

It would be useful to have a push streaming option as well for when I have to stream from within networks I don’t control (so may not know the external IP address).

Thanks for your help,

Willie

Hi Paul,

That’s great. (Trial period just about up, mixed success, but will be signing up for the full service for at least a month). Thanks,

Willie