Thread: Sync external timer with Webcam recording

Default Sync external timer with Webcam recording

Hi Everyone,

I have a developer working on a Webcam recording application for me but we're having trouble getting a timer to sync up with the recording.

The idea is that the user hits an external "Record" button that simultaneously starts the recording as well as a 2 minute timer. Problem is that the timer starts straight away but it takes a few seconds for the recording to start - so the first few seconds are cut off.

How can we get them to sync up so the timer and recording start simultaneously??

Any help appreciated.

I'm new to all this so talk slow!

Hello,

I am not sure how you can sync the timer with the record option. However, have you considered that when the users hits the "Record"button, that there is a short countdown? Like, "3, 2, 1, Action!", and then they begin their recording? I think it would be easier to build in a delay buffer rather than trying to shorten the recorder start time.

Regards,

Mac

Quote Originally Posted by mcray_h View Post
    Hello,

I am not sure how you can sync the timer with the record option. However, have you considered that when the users hits the "Record"button, that there is a short countdown? Like, "3, 2, 1, Action!", and then they begin their recording? I think it would be easier to build in a delay buffer rather than trying to shorten the recorder start time.

Regards,

Mac
    Thanks Mac - that's how we currently have it. But sometimes our buffer is too short and sometimes it is too long.

Is there any way to get the application to start the timer once it starts recording - Rather than the "Start" button starting the timer?