Wowza Community

Video Playback issues

Hi,

I am facing an issue while playing videos hosted on my wowza server. They randomly stop playing and do not start back again. It does not happen at a particular point in the video but is random. Also, i tried playing the video in the wowza test player itself on the server and there too the same thing happened.

This does not happen with one particular video but many videos in my library. Kindly suggest how do i go about debugging it.

There is also another peculiar issue with one of the video files. When i play it in players like wmp, VLC etc, it plays just fine but when i try to play it from the test players it stops after first three seconds and i havent been able to figure out why. Kindly let me know how to go about finding the root cause of it.

Hi,

Does this happen for all streaming protocols or only for a particular one?

Does this happen for all the videos or only for some of them?

When you say the playback works fine when using VLC, did you use VLC to connect to the stream provided by Wowza or you were able to play back the same video from your local computer?

Zoran

Hi,

Thank you for the additional details. Is it possible that your server does not have enough bandwidth available so that all the streaming clients are able to view the video streams they are trying to access them?

What are the encoding parameters you have used for your video? What is the encoding bitrate values your videos are using? How may clients are connected to your server when you are facing the playback issues? What is the available internet bandwidth for your server?

Zoran

Hi,

Responses inline:

Does this happen for all streaming protocols or only for a particular one? - Have checked with MPEG-DASH and ADOBE RTMP and is happening in both cases.

Does this happen for all the videos or only for some of them? - Observed mainly for videos of size > 200MB

When you say the playback works fine when using VLC, did you use VLC to connect to the stream provided by Wowza or you were able to play back the same video from your local computer? - Played it on VLC from local computer directly.