Wowza Community

Inserting timed events (ID3 tags) in an Apple HLS DVR stream

Hello,

I need to insert ID3 tags in a DVR stream.

I followed the tutorial (https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-convert-ontextdata-events-in-a-live-or-vod-stream-to-timed-events-id3-tags-in-an-apple-hls-stream) to insert these tags in a live stream. It works perfectly well.

But when I read the same stream in nDVR mode, the client player doesn’t get the ID3 tags. The method onFillChunkDataPacket() is never called.

And I didn’t find in the API documentation a listener / handler that would suit the DVR mode.

Any idea about how to do this ?

Thanks

Hi,

onFillChunkDataPacket is not supported for nDVR at this time. It is in our backlog queue, but I can’t say when or if it will be implemented in a production release.

Regards,

Paul

Hi,
is there any progress on passing trough onFillChunkDataPacket for nDVR ? We need to add #EXT-X-PROGRAM-DATE-TIME for all chunks from nDVR HLS and so far the only method we found was trough extending onFillChunkDataPacket but it works only for the live feed and for nDVR. Is there any other methods/examples that can help us to achieve this behavior ?

Hi Daniel,

May I ask how you solved this for live as I need the #EXT-X-PROGRAM-DATE-TIME for all chunk in the live child playlist but cannot find a way to do it :frowning:?

Regards,
Dejan