Thread: PushPublish not starting

Default PushPublish not starting

Hello,

I am adding PushPublish to my application. I added the following to my APplication.xml:

<Module>
    <Name>ModulePushPublish</Name>
    <Description>ModulePushPublish</Description>
    <Class>com.wowza.wms.pushpublish.module.ModulePushPublish</Class>
    </Module>

And I have the following in my PushPublishMap.txt file:

camera.stream={profile:"rtmp", application:"live2", streamName:"pearako.rx32-504t-ba7f-fux2", host:"a.rtmp.youtube.com", debugLog:true, rtpWrap:false}
    camera.stream={profile:"rtmp", application:"live2?backup=1", streamName:"pearako.rx32-504t-ba7f-fux2", host:"b.rtmp.youtube.com", debugLog:true, rtpWrap:false}

I know the stream name is good because I can see the video with JWPlayer.

The logs say PushPublish is available. I have a trial key.

Other than the message sayi8ng that PushPublish is available, there is no other mention of it either starting or having an error in the _access or _error logs.

I cannot use the manager on my server. So are there some 'hidden' steps the manager does that I need to do manually when not using the manager?

Hi,

Have you followed the steps in our guide on how to Push Publish to YouTube? In particular, restarting Wowza after creating your publish map. Please also check your log files for any entries which may indicate an issue. If the stream succeeds in being pushed to YouTube you should see something similar to the following in your Wowza access logs:

ModulePushPublish: ********** CONNECT ***** to myaccount.u8w0-z0pr-c4qx-7jt1 app: [application-name]/_definst_

Paul

Hi,

A common mistake is to update a wrong Application.xml when trying to modify your application setting?
    Can you check if you have updated the /conf/applicationName/Application.xml file and not the conf/Application.xml file.

Where did you place the Push Publish module? Did you put it last in the list of application modules enabled for your application?

Did you restart your application so that the new application setting is taken into account?

Zoran

Thanks. As I mentioned, there is no mention of the PushPublish in the log other than the message at the beginning saying that the feature is available. No errors, no start up message, nothing.

I did follow the instructions on that page. ALso, on the page that tells about PushPublish in general, it states you DON'T need to restart the server. However, I did restart the server anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by zoran_u View Post
    Hi,

A common mistake is to update a wrong Application.xml when trying to modify your application setting?
    Can you check if you have updated the /conf/applicationName/Application.xml file and not the conf/Application.xml file.

Where did you place the Push Publish module? Did you put it last in the list of application modules enabled for your application?

Did you restart your application so that the new application setting is taken into account?

Zoran

I put the module last in the correct application.xml file. ANd I restarted the server after all the updates mentioned above.

Hi,

Can you please open a support ticket by sending an email at support@wowza.com and describe the issue you are having. Make sure to add a reference to this forum post as well.
    Can also you create a ZIP archive containing your Wowza configuration and log files so we could take a closer look at your current setup and try to determine what might be causing the Push Publishing module not to be enabled.

Zoran