Video Share VOD is a free open source solution to setup of a video sharing / video on demand (VOD) site based on WordPress (most popular CMS).
Using Wowza Streaming Engine, videos can be delivered over RTMP and HLS to prevent piracy and reduce latency/buffering. Also Live Streaming and Webcam Recording plugins can be used.
- HTML5 playback support
- RTMP playback support
- HLS playback support
- import and show archived video streams for VideoWhisper Live Streaming channels plugin
- AJAX display and update of video list
- shortcodes for listing videos, displaying player, upload form
- HTML5 Drag & Drop AJAX multi video uploader
- mobile video upload (iOS6+, Android 3+)
- Video On Demand (VOD) support
- VAST (including pre-roll video ads) HTML5 support
- HTML5 Google IMA support:
- DoubleClick for Publishers (DFP),
- Google AdSense network (GAN):
- AdSense for Video (AFV) ads
- free and open source
- mobile ready:
- html5 uploader (with mobile camera support)
- html5 video conversion
- responsive interface
- easy automated install as WP plugin
- easy to theme with WP templates
- easy translation with POT file localization
- automatic updates
HTML5, drag & drop, AJAX, multi video uploader for quickly sharing videos from computers and mobiles.
VIDEO ON DEMAND
Setup paid membership VOD that allows users to select and watch video when they choose to. Quickly setup video advertising networks.
Broadcast live video channels on website, from webcam or other sources. Chat live with viewers. Archive broadcasts as videos.
Record video from webcam or other computer devices directly on website.
VIDEO ON DEMAND (VOD)
Subscription video on demand (SVOD) includes services such as Netflix that require users to pay a monthly fee to access a bundled set of content.
VideoShareVOD supports setting up membership access:
- global video access by membership
- playlists by role (playlists accessible to certain groups)
Advertising video on demand (AVOD), includes services such as Hulu or Sony’s Crackle. Service is often free for users, and the platforms rely on selling advertisements as a main revenue stream.
VideoShareVOD supports 2 types of ad delivery in HTML5:
- plain VAST (Video Ad Serving Template)
- Google IMA (Interactive Media Ads) networks