Wowza Community

Available features using Wowza created VM on Azure

I am using the Wowza created VM on Azure cloud, I transferred my trial Wowza license to the server.

I don’t seem to have the option to create new applications (live & VOD publishing points) or the ability to upload media files for on demand streams. I have those options for the trial license on my local machine.

The question I have is this a limitation set by Wowza using the Azure VM or do I need to upgrade to the latest version of the Streaming Engine? The installed version is 4.1.0 on the VM and on my local machine.

Thanks

Hi ebandu,

There are no limitations set by Wowza for using Azure VM when it comes to creating new applications. For WSE in Cloud instances, we normally recommend using MediaCache if your media files are located in a storage bucket due to performance issues, but this is not limited to either trial/paid subscriptions.

Can you attach a screenshot of your Streaming Engine Manager where you do not see the option to create new applications?

Michelle

Edit: I also moved your thread to the correct sub-forum.

Hi,

It almost seems like the user you are logged into the Manager with only has view (Read-Only) permissions.

See if you can change this under “Server->Users” and click on the user shown".

If this doesn’t help I suggest you grab the [install-dir]/conf and [install-dir]/logs folder contents from the Azure VM and zip those up.

Attach the zip to an email and send to support@wowza.com and include the URL reference to this forum thread.

Daren

The drop menu doesn’t have the option to create new applications

The same issue with the startup stream I don’t have the option to add a stream.

Thanks

Hi ebandu,

There are no limitations set by Wowza for using Azure VM when it comes to creating new applications. For WSE in Cloud instances, we normally recommend using MediaCache if your media files are located in a storage bucket due to performance issues, but this is not limited to either trial/paid subscriptions.

Can you attach a screenshot of your Streaming Engine Manager where you do not see the option to create new applications?

Michelle

Edit: I also moved your thread to the correct sub-forum.

Any ideas?

When I use the localhost version of streaming engine I have the ability to add applications and streams. But using the Azure VM version of Wowza streaming engine I do not. I applied the trial license but the same result. I attached a couple screen shots the UI doesn’t even have the option available to add new applications or streams.

Hi,

It almost seems like the user you are logged into the Manager with only has view (Read-Only) permissions.

See if you can change this under “Server->Users” and click on the user shown".

If this doesn’t help I suggest you grab the [install-dir]/conf and [install-dir]/logs folder contents from the Azure VM and zip those up.

Attach the zip to an email and send to support@wowza.com and include the URL reference to this forum thread.

Daren

Darren,

I checked and the user only has read only permissions which I could only change to read only (advanced). I sent the the zip files onto support this morning.

Gary