Wowza Community

Wowza to Ustream not working with PushPublish

Hello all,

I’ve read through a bunch of these threads, and I have tried every fix within them. I am unable to push to UStream. Here is the entry from my PushPublishMap.txt:

EnsembleTest.stream={profile:"rtmp”, host: “rtmp://1.2025XXXX.fme.ustream.tv”, application:”ustreamVideo”, appInstance: 2025XXXX, streamName:“PffmPCJtBbxb42Wua68nxRm2wFAZWXXX”, originalTimecodeThreshold:0x100000} (With obvious edits)

I am not able to push this up. I can play the stream just fine in a test player, and my Bytes in keeps counting, but my Bytes out stays at 0. I downloaded the plugin, and put it into /lib, I have added the module to my application. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

Hi,

If you’re using Wowza Streaming Engine, PushPublishing is built-in and only requires the Module to be added to the application and the PushPublishMap.txt file to be edited for pushing the stream.

As the source stream appears to be a .stream file, can you confirm that you’re starting the stream using Wowza Streaming Engine Manager or if this is automated using StartupStreams?

Please see the PushPublishing article for more information.

If you have downloaded the PushPublishing for Wowza 3 and added this to the [Wowza-Install]/lib/ directory for Wowza Streaming Engine 4.x this will cause problems.

If you require further assistance, I recommend opening a ticket by emailing support@wowza.com

When creating a ticket please include a ZIP file containing the following directories:

[Wowza-Install]/conf/

[Wowza-Install]/logs/

[Wowza-Install]/transcoder/

[Wowza-Install]/manager/logs/

Please make sure you provide logs which show Wowza server starting.

If you are not sure how to get this information please see the following tutorial.

How to create a compressed zip file in Windows, OS X, and Linux

Details on the live source encoding will also be required.

Regards,

Jason

I am not starting the stream with Wowza, I am picking up the stream from an encoder to my computer through RTP. I don’t have a [Wowza-Install]/transcoder/ folder on my install. Could this be my problem? I Zipped the other files and sent them to support.