Wowza Community

Keeping presentation slides in sync with a video timeline using wowza and jw player

Is there any way to keep presentation in sync with LIVE HTTP STREAMING VIDEO using jw player and wowza.

Hi,

This is possible in JW Player 6.11 using ID3 Tags discussed here.

You can insert such metadata initially into an rtmp stream using this guide.

and then convert those into ID3 tags for use with iOS/HLS

Daren

Hi,

Daren has already sent you an article that provides some sample code for a module you can use. It’s the “How to inject cue points or metadata” forum article.

You also have an example there for a Flash Client/Live stream player with controls to inject the caption.

Zoran

Hello Daren,

I have been through all of the link you have provided to me in the thread. It would be great if u can provide me with a sample application or a link that ingest cue point on the fly.

I will access that application and check if i’m able to get cue point . Till now i’m able to insert cue point using wowza and retrieve it in rtmp stream using jw player.

Thanks

still waiting for sample code

Hello Kishor,

To be able to better assist you with this Java API code implementation it would be best to have you log a ticket and include your code, and the following directories in a zip file: conf/ logs/ along with a link to this thread as a reference and log a support ticket through your account portal. After logging into your account here: https://www.wowza.com/portal/account you then click on the My Support tab and then click on the link to open a support ticket for Wowza Streaming Engine.

Regards,

Jason Hatchett

Hi Deran_j,

I have tried your method for cue point sending

here am getting the error message in wowza server. Please can you help me come out of this problem. Am new to wowza server

As I traced

// in this line am getting the error

stream.sendDirect(“onTextData”, data);

// i have tried also

stream.send(“onTextData”, data);

I really don’t know the difference

ERROR

invoke(setCaption) : java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException|at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)|at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)|at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)|at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497)|at com.wowza.wms.module.ModuleFunction.invoke(ModuleFunction.java:369)|

Please any one help me

Kishor