Wowza Community

IE 11 doesn't destroy stream

I’m using HDFVR to record a live-record stream. In chrome, after I save the video, in the wowza logs I see recordstop, unpublish and destroy stream

the .tmp file from transcoding is removed and the file is transferred using ModuleMediaWriterFileMover.

In Internet Explorer 11, I see in the logs: recordstop, unpublish but not destroy stream. It doesn’t remove the .tmp file either.

It only does so when I close the browser.

Any reason why this would happen? Thank you

Hi,

Presumably you are watching the same output regardless of browser? What output format are you using when viewing the stream in IE? Is it the same regardless of RTMP, MS SMOOTH etc?

Paul

Hi,

So you have a live application which is configured to record all incoming streams (StreamType: “live-record”?)

Does this happen when using the recorder in Wowza Streaming Engine Manager?

How to record live streams (Wowza Streaming Engine)

I recommend that you create a ticket by sending an email to support@wowza.com so that we can take a closer look.

Please provide a ZIP file containing the following files and directories for analysis:

[Wowza-Install]/conf/

[Wowza-Install]/logs/

Screenshots of the IE browser when this is happening.

Please outline the type of encoder in use along with the encoding settings for the stream.

If you are using a .stream file to start re-streaming please provide this.

I recommend that you also provide access to the content you’ve recorded for further testing (source and transcoded).

Regards,

Jason

Hi,

I see you created a ticket already (#124066).

Please refer to this to further troubleshoot this issue.

Regards,

Jason

Hi,

That’s great news, I’m glad you found the cause of this issue.

Thanks for the update.

Regards,

Jason

Yes I’m moving the file to an AWS S3 mount, and using VODS3 mediacache to play it back to any browser.

The problem is with IE the file is never “closed” after I stop the recording and the .tmp file stays, so that file is not transfered to the s3 mount directory.

I’m using VODS3 media cache to play it from s3 after its been transferred with ModuleMediaWriterFileMover to an s3 mount

Same thing for all browsers.

The .flv file is closed/copied after I stop recording from HDFVR but the .mp4 created by the Wowza Transcoder is never closed (.tmp stays there) and that mp4 is not moved to the s3 mount.

I figured out the issue.

We are showing HDFVR in FancyBox and after the onSave callback we were closing fancybox.

In internet explorer for some reason that prevented HDVR from destroying the stream.

So what I needed to do was to remove the recorder element from the DOM of my page. That completely disconnected the stream, and in turn closing the .tmp file